Back Bay Garage Tower | Dartmouth and Stuart | Back Bay

Found it..

I havent been able to find a groundbreaking on google news so who knows though... Anyone have any more info?

I dont think thats credible enough. I would have shit bricks too seeing that, but we havent heard any development updates on this quite yet. I mean wouldnt we see an article or two stating construction will begin?

Wasn't the State/MBTA pinning making Backbay not a hell hole on this project ?

That's being done by Boston Properties on behalf of MBTA. They just added new doors and ventilation to the Northeast Corridor/tracks 1-3 platforms. Unclear when the bigger station reconstruction will happen.

That's being done by Boston Properties on behalf of MBTA. They just added new doors and ventilation to the Northeast Corridor/tracks 1-3 platforms. Unclear when the bigger station reconstruction will happen.

Ah, awesome - I really thought it was all wrapped up/contigent on the air rights development of this to happen. I might need to find an excuse to hop on the Needham Line just to see a working ventalation system with my own eyes.

Perhaps this project is getting such a soft startup, that the lines of official groundbreaking will continue to be blurred.

Why does B&T say "early 2020" on their homepage, and the Herald says "early 2021"?

When are they gonna VE that wonky fat stack of boxes? They VE everything else but theyre gonna let this breeze through, come on..

Why does B&T say "early 2020" on their homepage, and the Herald says "early 2021"?
The Herald's article is dated Nov 19, and not corrected or updated; B&T dated Nov 22nd. Herald quotes Boston Properties as indicating they won't build on spec, --"developers said they hope to secure major tenants before their shovels go in the ground."

Herald article further dampens expectations about the schedule: "Elliott Laffer, co-chairman of the project’s citizens advisory council, said he has “doubts” that plans for second-floor retail at the station or the 28-story or 34-story residential towers will ever see the light of day. Neither has been designed, [Boston Properties project manager]Evans said."

Last edited:
Well if people want something new I have some renders tucked away on my phone that have never been posted.

WARNING!!!! These renders include Copley tower. If it hurts too much to see what this could have been look away now.

If not here you go:

You have been warned...

Back