Search results

1. C

MIT East Campus - Kendall Square Gateway | Cambridge

The "Boeing building" reminds me of a chopped down version of the Equinox Hotel at Hudson Yards, with the glass and vertical terracotta slivers.
  2. C

Children's Hospital Building | Longwood

My comment was sort of cynicism. I agree that offset windows is a lower cost way to spice things up as you commented in Kenmore North. I was wondering if that is a new trend more broadly in building design these days, coming from a non-architect. In NYC, a couple of buildings in the new...
  3. C

Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower (GCG Phase I) | 50 Sudbury St | Gov't Center

IIRC, there were comments about this being a fattie. From this angle at least, it looks slender and tall. Very nice.
  4. C

Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

Why do you have to be so sensible, CCA? What am I going to do with my flaming torch and pitchfork now? :)
  5. C

Children's Hospital Building | Longwood

Is cantilevering the new off-set window?
  6. C

Boynton Yards | 1-2 Earle Street | Somerville

I like how the presentation has a render of the building after a snow storm. Maybe a bit risky, but it is New England.
  7. C

Northeastern University - Institutional Master Plan

That building in Burlington has a 60's government building vibe to it, and I don't mean that as an insult. Kind of interesting how it seems to work.
  8. C

Seaport Square Block N | 350 Summer Street | Seaport

Such a nice design with lots of details that seem to emerge the longer you look at it. The pessimist in my wonders how this will get VE'd down to something cheaper.
  9. C

⚫ Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Inside looks f-ing dope!
  10. C

Longwood II Residences | 95 St. Alphonsus St. | Mission Hill

Bizarre to see such a short building that looks like it belongs in Waltham in between 2 taller buildings that have been around for decades. I would think they could get away with something as tall at 75 St. Alphonsus.
  11. C

Suffolk Downs Redevelopment

Do they have the same FAA height restrictions here as the seaport? I am sure there are some zoning stuff to go along with that, but wondered if there is an imaginary chalk line snapped in the sky across this site. Amazing to have another large open space to build housing.
  12. C

The Quinn (née The Berkeley) | 370-380 Harrison Ave | South End

Well, hopefully it is the start of something more substantial.
  13. C

Kenmore Square North | 533 Commonwealth Ave | Fenway

I agree. That Citgo sign was constantly on the fritz and partially working while growing up, more of a sign of urban decay that an "icon". 20-30 floors here would have complemented the Studio Gang building across the street. Oh well, what's done is done.
  14. C

1000 Boylston Street | MassDOT Parcel 15 | Back Bay

How the F did we get down this population rat hole? I feel like I am in a meeting with a client discussing market entry strategies based on attractive MSA's. Can we get back to fussing over VE, why nothing cool ever gets built, etc.?
  15. C

State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

Anyone else think that orange cage suspended from a crane is cool. However, don't show that to my wife. There are plenty of nights where she would love to lock me one of those cages.
  16. C

Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

So we can now start counting down to paying $25 for a Singapore Sling.
  17. C

MIT New 450-bed Residence Hall | 121 Vassar St. | Cambridge

This just in: MIT students are transferring in droves to Northeastern to get better housing.