Search results

1. odurandina

South Station Tower | South Station | Downtown

Who's kidding: Central Wharf is never getting built either. I'm embarrassed because i always knew 900,000 sq ft wouldn't fly. If you can't do Columbus Ctr, Copley Tower or Boylston Square Air Rights how the hell are you going to do this near-impossible mess? Boston's white whales 1. Winthrop...
  2. odurandina

The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

My guess is it's to prevent more civilian folk from being killed. Those shots nicely illustrate the spacing of the towers that someday could permit a 5th tower to rise at the low section of the O'Neill Fed.
  3. odurandina

Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower (GCG Phase I) | 50 Sudbury St | Gov't Center

Is it possible our opinion was skewed by cheerleaders? Is (not great) more close to reality? i'm thinking it matches the JFK fairly well. Did that have anything to do with the cladding chosen?
  4. odurandina

Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower (GCG Phase I) | 50 Sudbury St | Gov't Center

Someone has called this a fatty? Are you possibly confusing this with the office tower? We point to it as a fatty (deservingly) from time to time.
  5. odurandina

South Station Tower | South Station | Downtown

It’s time for a plan B at South Station https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/editorials/2019/09/14/time-for-plan-south-station/ypxpRyFpp4hxph2GzmYZfO/story.html “PACT TO ALLOW South Station rail expansion” read the headline in the Globe, heralding an imminent move of the United States Postal...
  6. odurandina

^^Wow. These are some of the best yet of the development area. Thank you.
  7. odurandina

Paul Rudolph's Government Services Center

re-posted Some may call for this crazy, perverse sand castle to be saved. As hard it may be for good people to accept, this absurd mass of concrete is one of the greatest urban blights in USA. However, there's more to ridding ourselves of it (for the greater good) than just bringing an end to...
  8. odurandina

HN Gorin Hotel Project | 39 Stanhope Street | Back Bay

The existing building is tacit treasure. We lost Durgin Park, 543 Comm Ave.... and now Doyle's is about to be gone...... If we keep losing places like this, we're fucked. Facadectomy seems bizarre and unworkable for this. BPDA: Out with the old, in with the new. i surmise that doesn't go down...
  9. odurandina

Northeastern University - Institutional Master Plan

NU is fantastic. BU is a travesty. How the hell did this happen?
  10. odurandina

Old Boston Edison Plant | Summer St | South Boston

i have a question which i wish to ask. i forget which thread the topic was being discussed. Pardon for posting in a different thread from the previous discussion. Ok, the population of Boston is 700,000 give or take. For the love of God, are college students from other cities/states/nations...
  11. odurandina

Yes, he's right. As as much as i want to moan about another fat box in Boston, the lab building was the perfect match for the market demand (grownups). The complexity of lab space, probably adds far less desirability for mixed use residential or hotel component up top (such as Hines is...
  12. odurandina

Longwood II Residences | 95 St. Alphonsus St. | Mission Hill

^^ it offends the Almighty himself.
  13. odurandina

Columbus Ave Student Housing | 10 Burke St | Northeastern University

Yeah: but why did you keep us in suspense so long.... :) The most insane view of NYC nobody has ever heard about is right here on High Mountain Rd...
  14. odurandina

re; Causeway St fatty: For the width, it'll need 30 more floors, go ~925' etc. re; 50 Sudbury St: yeah, that looks good!
  15. odurandina

Riverside Station development

We've become a miniature San Francisco, in terms of the absolute breaking point that we're soon going to reach on the cost of living in the metro statistical area..... We're a decade and a half behind SF in this process, but it's coming. In San Francisco, the scale of everything is far more...
  16. odurandina

One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion

How long has so much of the tower been vacant?
  17. odurandina

Old Boston Edison Plant | Summer St | South Boston

So sad. What i wanna post: Is this project officially dead yet?
  18. odurandina

Riverside Station development

The tallish low highrise tower was eliminated right? The Empire Strikes Back. Newton sucks.
  19. odurandina

⚫ Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

incredible photos....... thank you!!
  20. odurandina

Suffolk Downs Redevelopment

nicely done. couldn't have dreamed of saying it all this well. i'll only add; i think O'brien took advantage of not having a saddle at the Seaport stable to be able to spew the garbage nimby talking points to demonstrate how enlightened he is compared to the the Philistines who dared bring a...