Search results

1. statler

South Station Tower | South Station | Downtown

archBoston's White Whale.
  2. statler

Malden + Melrose

Of possible interest, I noticed the other day that the sign had been removed from this building. When I went in to the retail store I asked the guys working there and they just said that they no longer use that building and they thought it was going up for sale. Interesting location.
  3. statler

Paul Rudolph's Government Services Center

While this thread is bumped, I had a random idea for this building while walking past the other day. They have a few edge plantings along New Chardon St and the were a few small vine-like plants spilling over the edge. I suddenly imagined what the building would look like if it was covered in...
  4. statler

The New Retail Thread

This is nuts. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/09/10/famed-doyle-cafe-jamaica-plain-plans-close-and-sell-liquor-license-davio/KFNfpL8V8PM7LiduNi1DiN/story.html
  5. statler

General MBTA Discussion Thread

Yeah, this is more a reflection on how bad mass transit is in the US rather than how good the T is.
  6. statler

5 Middlesex Avenue | Assembly Square | Somerville

Market testing showed it wasn't a good fit for their brand so they just excluded it.
  7. statler

XenForo Update

^^ If you hover over the 'Like' button you can see a group of emojis to choose from. While there is no 👎 emoji you can use :( or :mad: in a pinch.
  8. statler

General MBTA Discussion Thread

I have what is probably a stupid question. How does bustitiution work? Where does the T get so many bus drivers on such short notice? Do they just call in drivers that have the day off? Do they have a pool of part time drivers or contractors they can call in? Or do they just pull drivers from...
  9. statler

XenForo Update

New feature/theme request: Adding the :rolleyes: to the reaction lineup. Amazing how many times I've already wanted to use it.
  10. statler

XenForo Update

Interesting. My menu bar is still fixed. My work computer sometimes does wonky things to website features so I'll check when I get home. The title thread thing isn't really a big deal for me as I do most of my aB browsing from a desktop, but I can see it being a bit of a pain point on mobile...
  11. statler

XenForo Update

Not really a suggestion per se, but I notice yesterday the Forums - What's New - Members menu bar was 'floating' so it would "follow" you as you scrolled through the thread. It seems fixed to the top of the page today. I'm not sure if it was a bug or an experiment, I actually kind of liked it...
  12. statler

XenForo Update

Again, disappointing, but looking at other forums I follow, none of them have this feature either. I guess it's just the way things are now. At least we get the thread title in the URL.
  13. statler

XenForo Update

Going to be honest here, that's really disappointing. Edit: One alternative would be to edit thread titles with [PROP] [U/C] [COMP] [CAN] or use emojis ⚪ = Proposed ⚫ = Under Construction 🔵 = Completed 🔴 = Cancelled 🔷 = Neighborhood or Infill Discussion threads, etc Edit: Apparently you...
  14. statler

archBOSTON Update: A New Dawn

^^ Oh yeah. I forgot about that bit. That definitely helped. I also start at the What's new button on menu bar at the top.
  15. statler

New Red and Orange Line Cars

One of these days when I am not running late for work, I am going to just sit at Oak Grove until it comes in.
  16. statler

archBOSTON Update: A New Dawn

If you click on the tread title it takes you the last unread post. It has taken me a awhile to get used to that but I am starting get the hang of it.
  17. statler

The Hotel Thread

Oh cool Boston is going to get it's second trailer park
  18. statler

XenForo Update

^^ Agree, but on the plus side the tread title is in the URL now, which is nice.
  19. statler

XenForo Update

Edit: I see the like function is live now.