Search results

1. Downburst

Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

The shadow play by the balconies is effective at adding texture to the building. Really well done by SHoP.
  2. Downburst

Gables Seaport (née Waterside Place 1B) | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Yes, this one has been a pleasant surprise. I'd like to see how the street level wraps up but this is worlds better than its older sibling down the street.
  3. Downburst

Seaport Square Block N | 350 Summer Street | Seaport

I love love love the design here (and its fraternal twin across the staircase) but the loss of the cultural/arts center is really shitty. I really hope the city tightens the screws- I might be wrong here, but I feel the area is running out of space to support such an amenity.
  4. Downburst

The New Retail Thread

Yikes. I fully expected Doyle's to outlive me, and I'm under 30. Pour one out.
  5. Downburst

Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower (GCG Phase I) | 50 Sudbury St | Gov't Center

It does! I can see it peeking out above 501 Boylston/the New England Mutual Life Insurance Building from Huntington at the Christian Science Center.
  6. Downburst

XenForo Update

As an aside: it looks like clicking the topic title automatically takes you to the most recent post. Now that that's clear to me, I feel generally good about the update. The mobile experience is worlds better. Thanks data/Edward for your work on this.
  7. Downburst

The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Glass is being added to the “bustle.” Boy does this thing loom.
  8. Downburst

XenForo Update

That's what I've been doing in the meantime, but I feel like I'm missing posts. The "Jump to New" button has been somewhat inconsistent for me and I just want to make sure I'm caught up.
  9. Downburst

XenForo Update

Each topic on the subforum pages used to have a button that would take me to the last unread post, which I used frequently. I'm not sure if I'm just missing it here, but if that feature is currently absent and could be added back in, it would be a big help. Thanks!
  10. Downburst

New Design Guidelines Planned for Boylston Streetscape

(I believe this is the appropriate forum; my apologies if this is incorrect and needs to be moved...) The BRA has put out a Request for Proposals (RFP) to develop streetscape standards on Boylston Street from the Fenway to Arlington. BRA Article And the RFP itself:
  11. Downburst

Future Skyline

As some of you might've seen, I've started dabbling in building massing models in Sketchup and placing them in Google Earth. The skyline is very important to me and I like being able to visualize what it might look like in a couple of years (or five years... or ten...) Anyways, I've done the...
  12. Downburst

Trans National Redesign - The "Boston Obelisk"

Hey, all! With the discussion ongoing as to the future of Trans National Place development, I decided to take matters into my own hands for a bit. On the development thread, some discussion had been going around about a necessary redesign for the site. An idea came up for an Obelisk, which I...