Basketball @NO.station

Boston02124

Reaction score
when did this arrive? I take alot of my pix's while driveing(So get off my ass,stop blowing your horn and calling me a f-ing tourist lol!) so the quality of my pix's ar'ent always that great!
xxxphoto020.jpg
xxxphoto019.jpg

Hmm, I haven't been up there in a while, but the NBA finals game 1 is tonight at the Garden. That must add to the atmosphere significantly

From the vantage point of the second picture, the Abercrombie and Fitch advertisement (creepy enough as it is) looks to be the same exact width as the building behind it, and almost looks as though it is painted on the side of the tower.

That thing must cast a mean shadow.

I do hope someone has done a study to see how it affects the UFPs in the area.

Nah, toby is the funny one, I was just extending his joke.

That's pretty cool. A perfect spot for temporary sculptures or displays of all kinds. Maybe MassHighway should have a periodic contest?

It's the NBA Championship Trophy...duh.

so I was watching game 1 and they had some great shots of this statue looking over 93. But if you aren't familiar with Boston, it was impossible to see the Zakim...I had to SQUINT to see it, and I even knew what to look for! Those blue lights MUST come back!

We have a great landmark, and those shots would've been incredible with the Zakim in its full glory. But it's completely in the dark...if I were an LA fan watching, I'd hardly be able to tell there was a bridge there at all!!

If I were an LA fan watching, I'd hardly be able to tell that my team showed up to the game tonight!

(zing)

Those blue lights MUST come back!

Absolutely! One of my favorite memories of Boston (back in early 2005 when I was new to the city) is of riding over the bridge one night, in the front passenger seat and entirely unsober. At the time, I knew about the bridge but had no idea of the deep blue lights, and needless to say I was floored. It was so damn cool.

I do hope someone has done a study to see how it affects the UFPs in the area.

I hear the effects on traffic are killer.

Also, it doesn't "fit in." And, most horrifically, it is TOO TALL.

^^ Maybe if it were made of red brick.

I love the projections on the side of the garden. Even after the finals are over with and the sponsors are gone, I say keep some sort of projection or lighting feature up year round. That space is just so gloomy and depressing, especially with that giant void in front of the building...

The photo almost remind me of Madison Square Garden. I can only imagine what this area might look like if it were as lively as 34th St./Herald Sq. Then maybe the Zakim would begin to fit in hehe.

I hear the effects on traffic are killer.

Also, it doesn't "fit in." And, most horrifically, it is TOO TALL.

Don't forget about the shadows it casts. Poor unsuspecting pedestrians.... like ants under a magnifying glass.

Seriously though, I do hope some of the projections stay, though if (god forbid) they lose a heartbreaking series, I doubt they'll stay as most fans will try to forget about the pain. It really looks nice though.

I could actually see some nice uses for that wall involving projections, jumbotrons, and the like (too bright would probably cause problems with neighbors). Nonetheless, if they get too creative on that wall it might discourage developers from pursuing the towers that should really cover it completely. Can't have that.

Back