Chain Forge Building | 105 First Avenue | Charlestown Navy Yard

goldenretrievers

Reaction score
just starting an individual thread for this one

d5027b39-2876-47a1-924c-e4e1d93a0a24

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/projects/development-projects/chain-forge

chainhotel.jpg

Chain_Forge_068.jpg

Chain_Forge_037.jpg

Chain_Forge_032.jpg

I think there are a bunch of existing posts on this on the charlestown thread. This is a really beautiful building and this project has exceptional potential.

was looking for news on this and stumbled on this video:

Chain Forge Charlestown Navy Yard Early 1930's

watch

The IMG address has to have a .jpg at the end or vBulletin doesn't recognize it as a picture.

{IMG]https://i.imgur.com/wii0tSm[/IMG}
vs
wii0tSm.jpg

It's an amazing space. Thanks for the pics. I'm really looking forward to this one.

From last week:

wii0tSm

7nY02gc

9IfifAz

RwU7J16

w9WOxTx

1ENb8Pa

wZUwsEX

IqUUCkl

Is Imgur not compatible with ArchBoston anymore? I just tried to post some pics I got inside the building and it's showing up blank. Anyway, they can all be found here.

Chain Forge hotel project gets another extension, looking at residential project

The Chain Forge hotel project in the Navy Yard is paying handsomely to extend their development designation for the old forge building, and in a tough COVID market for hotel financing, is looking to move towards a residential development.

The Boston Planning and Development Agency (BPDA) Board approved an extension until Dec. 31 for the 230-key hotel with restaurant space, but the developer, CVPA Chain Forge, will pay more than $2.55 million to maintain their designation. At the same time, with hotel uses in complete turmoil due to COVID-19’s disruption of the travel industry, the developers and the BPDA will begin entertaining a change of use to a residential development.

BPDA approves change in lease for Chain Forge Building

"The Boston Planning & Development Agency board approved an amendment to the ground lease for the Chain Forge Building in the Navy Yard to change its usage from the previously proposed hotel to small rental units at its Dec. 16 meeting. But the tenant still needs to file its plans for the new proposal with the city, which would trigger an Article 80 public process, before it can move forward."

Back