DTDave--The San Francisco Fog Beat You Back

garbribre

Reaction score
DowntownDave said:
No joke. I left SF on May 3rd and haven't been back since! I'll be bring the fog right back at you next week, though... :)

Ha! I returned here from Boston on May 3rd. We passed in the air?

You've missed the heat wave--six days of 80s/90s/100s. Had five spare the air days in a row beginning last Thursday. It's too soon for that, though. Not really necessary for the last two IMO either. Anyway, during the first three weekday spare the air days of the summer, some organization pays for free transportation on all participating services. Sorry, DTDave, you won't get to experience an entire day of roaming the buses, ferries, trains for free, because they're all used up now. Pity.

Signs at all the stations/terminals let you in on the 'secret'.
pictures118large5uc.jpg

A few pics from my trip between Oakland and SF on the bus last week. (I normally casual carpool in, and sometimes out.)

Oakland is clear as a bell (well, aside from the dirty windows on the bus, and I was getting bounced around in the back end of one of those bendable extensions on the crappy roads like a cup of beggars change).
pictures061large8sm.jpg

Although a few puffs of fog did drift over toward the Port of Oakland.
pictures181large3nd.jpg

Emeryville is not in the clear, however.
pictures184large8ly.jpg

Looking back toward Berkeley (trust me, it's in there somewhere) from the eastern span of the Bay Bridge. Rich, thick and foamy.
pictures079large1ox.jpg

And in San Francisco, well, it goes without saying.
pictures175large5ms.jpg

So DTDave, don't blame yourself. You just chose the wrong two places to associate with at the moment. :wink:

Actually, I spent most of the time in scenic 110 degrees-every-day dusty and polluted Delhi, anyways. I can deal with fog! :)

DLFCitibank-01.jpg

Neighborhood-01.jpg

What a weird looking building. At first I was contemplating how on earth that could be in the Bay Area, but then when I took the time to read what you wrote, I guess I could sorta see that. Either way, I don't know if I like or dislike it. It doesn't really look like a building.

DowntownDave said:

The building is in Delhi, not the Bay Area.... :)

That photo was taken from the roof of the villa I was staying in there...

Ooooh. A villa. Aren't you fancypants. :lol:

Just wait until September/October, after four months of no moisture. You'll feel like you are in Delhi again. Well, maybe not where you live in SF proper, but the 'burn factor' becomes quite advanced in the East Bay by then--the hills turn brown and the dust settles everywhere.

Back