Donate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbSfjfXFu6E

Untitled-4_0.png

martin-richard.jpg

peace.jpg

park.jpg

martinspark_biz.jpg

Last edited:
I walked by on the way to work yesterday, they were fixing one of the dock ramps that had fallen off of the top landing into the channel. It looks like it fell, and then sank under the water.

I walked by on the way to work yesterday, they were fixing one of the dock ramps that had fallen off of the top landing into the channel. It looks like it fell, and then sank under the water.

Yeah, that happened during the last winter storm that we had.

Such an amazing thing, coming from such a horrific tragedy, for the Richard family to be doing! Young Martin will forever be alive in the smiles, squeals, and laughter of the countless kids who will find incredible fun, great joy, and lots of enjoyment in this future park.

The care, custody, management and control of certain city-owned parcels located at Sleeper Street and Seaport Boulevard have been transferred to the Parks and Recreation Department for the design and construction of Martin's Park in the Seaport District per the Boston City Council meeting notes.

Martin's Park groundbreaking will take place today, 8/16/2017 at 1pm.

Huge crowd today for the groundbreaking. References to ribbon cutting next summer were made.

Is this city owned land? Who's running the project?

It is now. The State (MBTA) transferred it to the city (Parks department). Baker said it was a $500K gift from the State. Someone said the park will cost $10 million. I think they have collections adding up to that amount. Two foundations gave $3mil each and the mayor named several other foundations, business, and the general public for their donations.

I believe the Boston Parks Dept. is heading up the project (?)

Back