NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRifleman

Banned
Reaction score
Is this Mayor alright? Mayor Joseph Curtatone:
Somerville has become one of the most expensive real estate communities in the area.

The average house must cost a 1 Million dollars. How are illegal immigrants able to afford the area in the first place and why would Somerville require FEDERAL AID since only millionaires can actually afford the area.

http://patch.com/massachusetts/somerville/trump-expected-crack-down-sanctuary-cities

Somebody please enlighten me on this?

Re: Somerville Developments

All cities receive some level of federal aid, for a wide variety of investments from law enforcement, infrastructure to education. I'm not sure where your confusion lies.

All cities receive some level of federal aid, for a wide variety of investments from law enforcement, infrastructure to education. I'm not sure where your confusion lies.

My point is Real Estate cost millions of dollars around here. There really is no reason they should get federal aid unless for the Green-line extension or some bridges or highway roads.

Most of the average working class Americans can't afford to live in this area so close to Boston.

Wonder who received more Federal Aid over the past 15 Years.--- Millionaire Somerville, Ma or Flint Michigan.

How many of these Somerville developments are federal funding? It would be one thing if the area wasn't desirable but seriously Somerville MA does not need Federal Aid.

They receive 6 million, approximately. Most of that is likely earmarked toward transportation, DOJ grants (police cameras), schools, etc. I believe funding is based on population size.

And somerville is close to Mass State average with median household income. Per Census:
Somerville: $70,729
MASS: $66,768

Average median condo/house (2014) is $454,300.

This is what happens when the national politics thread gets locked. -.-

The average house must cost a 1 Million dollars.

Well, starting with you being wrong on that part... there were several 2-family places sold in Somerville in 2016 for less than $600K. And the average 2-family was probably ~$700K. And those are 2-family's where you can rent out a unit. And in 2016. Plenty of residents in Somerville who bought a decade ago.

Well, starting with you being wrong on that part... there were several 2-family places sold in Somerville in 2016 for less than $600K. And the average 2-family was probably ~$700K. And those are 2-family's where you can rent out a unit. And in 2016. Plenty of residents in Somerville who bought a decade ago.

So how do Illegal Immigrants afford to live in these areas since they are the most desirable locations near the city?

700K is a lot of money for the average worker.
10- years ago the Multi-units were still selling for 400k a year.

Re: East Boston Developments

I really don't know that many 25-35 year olds making 200K-400K a year and that can put down 20% on a 500k or 750K house. (This is top of the tier if you ask me)
Maybe 80K-150K-- a year

Overall my point on this topic is that Boston surrounding area's are losing their neighborhood fabric to out-of-towners.

How many families do you know can afford to live in these areas if they didn't buy 15- 20 years ago?

Boston surrounding area's have become very value real estate---Not sure how Illegals can continue to live in this area with real estate so valuable.

Also how much of that valuable real estate around Boston is being subsidize by State and the Federal Govt? (Which might be keeping Boston Home prices over-inflated because of the lack of supply vs demand issue)

I really don't know that many 25-35 year olds making 200K-400K a year and that can put down 20% on a 500k or 750K house. (This is top of the tier if you ask me)
Maybe 80K-150K-- a year

Overall my point on this topic is that Boston surrounding area's are losing their neighborhood fabric to out-of-towners.

How many families do you know can afford to live in these areas if they didn't buy 15- 20 years ago?

Boston surrounding area's have become very value real estate---Not sure how Illegals can continue to live in this area with real estate so valuable.

Also how much of that valuable real estate around Boston is being subsidize by State and the Federal Govt? (Which might be keeping Boston Home prices over-inflated because of the lack of supply vs demand issue)
What does illegals have to do with this? GTFO.

Seriously, enough with the crap about "illegals."

Statler,

Why are my posts getting kicked out of the thread when I started the entire conversation on affordability around the inner areas of Boston.
It's not like Justin has a the brains to actually think of an idea to get the group interested in talking on a topic.
Not sure how you can actually just pick and choose the posts as the thread is having a conversation according to the topic.
That isn't right and I'm sure most of the people with agree with my assumption.

Many people might disagree with my logic---But the realty is it seems like the people that control this site have a different a opinion of me and are now trying to banish me from the site.

Please acknowledge if you would like Rifleman to leave this Archboston.com all together?
I will leave for good and never come back but I want to hear it from the people that post everyday since I read a lot of the posts from my other respected bloggers.

It seems the Illegals can continue to live in Eastie forever. Since East Boston real estate has become prime land. I think 50% of East Boston is section 8 anyway. Whats the deal with the section 8 regulations? How much do they subsidize rent being on prime real estate land?

I've lived in Eastie for 14 years. Was very happy there during that time. If you are referring to me as one of the illegals, then you're wrong. So what is your point?

Re: Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

Please no. I'd take "Harbor Way" over "Menino Way" any day. Government should be about informed policy making and public service, not the aggrandizement of egos. Every time we slap the name of a politician

Doesn't need to be a politician. How about Frederick Douglass? After all, he's one of our generation's most cherished civil rights figures! :)

EDIT: Oh! How about "Bowling Green Massacre Victims' Way"?

Re: Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

Sorry, I have to be consistent about this.

Re: Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

C6bMXl9WcAEdNE-.jpg:large
For those who don't think the top is quite done, how about getting these wimmin to knit a giant pussyhat? That will show the damn patriarchy!

For those who don't think the top is quite done, how about getting these wimmin to knit a giant pussyhat? That will show the damn patriarchy!

How about no because that would trivialize their movement.

Thread derailment warning!

Whatever the merits (or not) of their complaints, enough of them are trivializing things quite well on their own. Pussyhats? Really? Gosh, who would ever consider that silly. I just can't take seriously at all any womyn (or beta mayle) dressed like a uterus.

Thread derailment warning!

Whatever the merits (or not) of their complaints, enough of them are trivializing things quite well on their own. Pussyhats? Really? Gosh, who would ever consider that silly. I just can't take seriously at all any womyn (or beta mayle) dressed like a uterus.

Ok because you have to justify yourself by trivializing other people's issues, I guess we shouldn't take you seriously either. Btw, jocks are for high school

i just hope their man-hater movement grows bigger to newer heights and distracts them from the task/s at hand in the months after Marty's re-election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back