Portland forumers

SHAZBAT73

Reaction score
I had a great time yesterday with two other Portland forumers as we discussed Portland developments, walked the town and got to see a birds eye view of the city from 511 Congress street:

SHAZBAT73, Portlander (Mr. 207) and a former forumer

Thats awesome.

Glad forum members got to meet up.

How'd you get to the top of that building?

Without corey we have been lacking in pictures!

My friend is the building engineer and maybe SHAZBAT can add some photos, we took a bunch!

Did you guys get the "scoop" on the midtown project? Great photo regardless, and glad to see the movers and shakers of Portland uniting. I have to admit Cory belongs in this pic.

Agree, would have been nice to have Grittys with us also.

Did you guys get the "scoop" on the midtown project?

Given this article, I'm guessing Patrick has some inside news at the time:

http://www.pressherald.com/2015/10/...pute-with-developer-over-big-housing-project/

Patrick - I know you're reading this - please get this thing built, come hell or high water*!! I know I've hated on the "consolation prize" of a low-rise development, but at this point I want anything beyond a dirt lot.

*an idea to solve the high water thing being a long-term goal for Bayside as well

Some pics from the top of 511 Congress street:

Nice to read about something positive coming out of Midtown! I will settle for anything at this point too!

Coming tomorrow: Portlander's pics!

From the planning board legal advertisement:

"The Portland Planning Board will hold a meeting on Tuesday, October 27, 2015, Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 389 Congress Street. Public comments will be taken at this meeting."

Of particular interest to me is 667 Congress Street - an 8 story, 139 unit building proposed on Portland's "spine". I'm pretty busy on Tuesday, but if I can, I'm going to try to make this part of the meeting which is from 8 to 9 pm. Links are below:

http://me-portland.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/2765?fileID=12125

http://www.portlandmaine.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/10272015-1471?html=true

Maybe this will inspire the owner of the Trelawny Building to make some exterior improvements to his building. Looks like some painting and facade work was started a while back but was never finished and the graffiti on the east side at the 3rd floor level really annoys me. A can of tan paint and fifteen minutes would remove the eyesore that has been there for a couple of years now.

Nice shots, SHAZBAT73! I wouldn't mind having an office with those sorts of views.

My dad has been helping out his brother who has worked on all mr rice's buildings for years. He actually has spent a shitload of money. Shawrtz? Building next to ch 6 has cost a couple mil so far

My dad has been helping out his brother who has worked on all mr rice's buildings for years. He actually has spent a shitload of money. Shawrtz? Building next to ch 6 has cost a couple mil so far

Any idea what's going on with this building? They got those big beautiful windows up and nothing much has happened since then. Not that the city needs another restaurant but those big windows would make for a great Evo-style contoured countertop.

For some reason the sidewalk around it is replete with bird crap, I've looked up a few times to see if they were roosting up above but I've never seen any birds. Perhaps they congregate at night.

The Schwartz Building has been a long process as far as it's renovations are concerned. Last I heard there are going to be 12 apartments on the upper floors and possibly a restaurant on the ground floor. The pigeon droppings will be a thing of the past because the repellent spikes were installed on the upper beam of the the first level along the entire length of the facade last week.

Back