Public Transit from Durham - Manchester

MonopolyBag

Reaction score
Anyone know of any transit from Durham NH that will get one to Manchester or near? Or at least any way to look it up? I am having trouble finding any info on this. Probably because it is non existent (which seems bad to me.)

It would save me a trip from driving all the way to Durham to pick up my brother then drive him back. (We are trying to get to Goffstown, I have a car he does not.) And time is important, so he can not bike for three hours.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any public transit between Durham and Manchester. The only thing I can possibly thing of is if there is any shuttle between Durham and UNH-Manchester, but I don't know of anything like that. I know the MTA put out an RFP last year for bus companies to provide a handful of daily trips between Portsmouth and Manchester on a model similar to Boston Express, but I'm not sure where that stands or if Durham would be served at all. There should be service between Manchester and places like Durham, Portsmouth and Nashua, but as it stands I don't know of any.

And I know NH doesn't spend much money, but this is one area they could. I think the Boston Express is great and they need to expand that to Portsmouth and other areas. Durham is fine, they can get to Portsmouth, then could go to Manchester. Thanks Anyways

Anyone else know of anything?

So my brother needs to take the train to Haverhill, get a ride to Goffstown after being picked up.

Or go all way to Boston on train then take Boston express back? I love how "complete" Americas public transit is.

I'm not familiar with the area so that doesn't help, but I did some googling and didn't find anything other than going to Boston and riding the Boston Express back up. I think Zipcar has some cars at UNH but that would require returning the car to UNH and would be rather costly if it's more than a quick roundtrip.

I live in the area and know of no public transportation from Durham to Manchvegas.

NH has all-knowing wisdom that money is better spent on massive highway projects that will be outdated in 20 years.

Back