armpitsOFmight

Reaction score
I went to the Boston Book Festival Today and look who I saw

DSC00479.jpg

Cornell West
DSC00491.jpg

and some other Harvard guys debating about religion
DSC00485.jpg

I also saw Alicia Silverstone talking about her new bullshit vegetarian book. The picture quality is shitty because this asshole next to me wouldn't let me take a picture of her.
DSC00471.jpg

Re: Cool Urban Events That You Attended

I thought she disappeared forever.

This pic speaks for itself. I'm sure they don't put a date on it because they don't want to reprint the banners every year.

DSC00510.jpg

At the Reggie Lewis Center. Don't worry, nobody harmed me!

DSC00511.jpg

Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr., MD. This motherfucker is hardcore; he advocates people to not eat meat, fish, nuts, oils, etc to eliminate the chance for a heart-attack.

DSC00520.jpg

Zach Sherwin, aka MC Mr. Napkins is a comic and rapper now based in Cambridge. Van, I want this pic to be a personal fuck you to your precious Brooklyn and show you that the arts are still alive here.

DSC00521.jpg

And finally...

Myq Kaplan, an up and coming comedian who will have a special half-hour episode on Comedy Central.

DSC00527.jpg

Just for the record, I used to be Vegetarian and then Vegan many years ago, but now I am a happy omnivore. I still however find free events with free food to be a blast!!

At the Reggie Lewis Center. Don't worry, nobody harmed me!

Fuck you, you fucking racist.

Van, I want this pic to be a personal fuck you to your precious Brooklyn and show you that the arts are still alive here.

Commie hippy tree-huggers don't make art; they make me sick. And I live in Manhattan you commie prick and it's better than anYPlace you will ever live cuz you'r a stupid racist townie hippy prick. BRING ON THE MEAT!!! IM GONNA GO KILL A COW AS A FUCK YOU TO ARMPITSOFRACISM!! I SUMMER IN THE HAMPTONS AND I GOTTA BIG ASS YAHT, GIMME SOME WINE BITCHZ!

I'm surprised that a mod with such a a high level of E-cred could spaz out as much as you just did. Oh yeah, how's NYC? Did your parent's money transfer make it into your bank account yet? I mean we all know you're not paying for your lifestyle there.

I don't understand what you two are arguing about. The food event certainly qualifies as 'cool' and 'urban'.

Van,

You're so lucky. I want my own stalker/troll. You get all the good stuff. :(

edit: Ron, this has nothing to do with the event.

You see armpitsofStain somehow got it into his little brain that Van is some sort uber-New Yorker who just posts here to boost NYC and trash Boston, while anyone who has read more than three of his posts and has a basic understanding of the English language knows this isn't true. So Van is just having some fun with him by playing up the image Armpitious has stuck in his simple mind.

Last edited:

I really feel blessed to have my own troll and as such I am going to have as much fun with my new toy as possible.

Since this is in General I can let my hair down. Don't take anything we (armPitocrank and me) say here too seriously, I'm not.

I dont know what you two are arguing about either, but Van your a hypocrite.

Hey, what are you mods doing!?!? This thread is supposed to be about cool urban events you attended, not about bashing Van. Please change it back.

NYC soooo fuckin cool. I wished I lived there. :(

Ron, I don't understand what you are saying. I disagree that an event about vegetarianism is 'cool'. And the area surrounding the Reggie Lewis Center is 'urban' in name only.

Why can't we have a thread about "Cool World-Class urban events that you've attended"?

I think he meant the "free food" part was cool, not necessarily the vegetarian part. "Urban" can take more than a physical meaning, this meeting happened in an urban community, not a suburban one. Doubtful it would have occured in say, Lynnfield.

I didn't go to the event, but Roxbury is surely urban, and people I know who went said it was very crowded.

A little backround on why Van is a douche. (Because he leaves it out like a scorned child to make others look like assholes)
If it isn't on your radar then why would you know? The only reason I know that One WTC and Four WTC are actually reaching to the sky is because I work a block away. If I didn't I think I'd be just as shocked as you.

It's dangerous AND I have no idea what I'm looking at. Learn how to take a picture please.

Van go say this to ppl IRL and post back about how the hospital visit went. Thanks in advance.

Back