Tour Sans Fin in Boston

NJBostonFan

Reaction score
OK everyone, since my last post has been poorly received, here's something that might make it up. I was thinking of taking the Jean Nouvel's Tour Sans Fins that was proposed, but never built for La Defense, and constructing it on Purchase Street, between Congress and Pearl Street. FAA Concerns aside, I think the circular tower would fit in the lot I've described and I think it would make an excellent addition to the Boston skyline. Here are some pics:

tour_sans_fins.jpg

toursansfins3.jpg

Discuss

I would love to see a Jean Nouvel somewhere in Boston, it wouldn't even have to be a tower.

Agree with Van. But I think I'd like to see it if it was, say, just 100-200 feet taller than IP, it would be a nice addition I think. Especially in the area of IP as you suggested, since they're circular-ish.

The Tour Sans Fins in Boston would be a perfect icon for the city and the tallest building in New England. If we can get Menino to sign off on it and allay the FAA's concerns (The tower isn't even in the takeoff path of any airport runways), then we can make it happen. I also think Jean Nouvel should construct some ultra thin skyscrapers on parking lots, like in the Bullfinch Triangle, near The Garden. Also, he should redevelop the parking lot on Newbury Street and Dartmouth Street with a building of his own.

If we can get Menino to sign off on it and allay the FAA's concerns (The tower isn't even in the takeoff path of any airport runways), then we can make it happen.

Oh...and create a real estate market with enough demand for office space that commands the type of rents necessary to finance this project.

But aside from those small concerns this should be a go.

Oh...and create a real estate market with enough demand for office space that commands the type of rents necessary to finance this project.

But aside from those small concerns this should be a go.

Forgot about that part. But it won't be a problem that much longer.

How far would you need to dig down in order to anchor that 9,000 foot tall tower? Is that possible in our city, given the landfill element?

How far would you need to dig down in order to anchor that 9,000 foot tall tower? Is that possible in our city, given the landfill element?

It's not 9,000 feet. That would be very impossible. As for the digging down, we dig as deep as they did for the proposed Chicago Spire. After all, if we can do the Big Dig, which was very extensive and difficult, than we can dig a circular hole in the ground.

Back