vBulletin software v4

It's different, but seems better. what's the prob? I doubt that would come here anyway

It looks like someone took vBulletin and any InvisionPower/InvisionFree and put them together. I think I prefer what we have (vBull 3.7)

It feels too 'cutesy' for my taste and the 'mark forum read button' only seems to work if you refresh the page. Mostly the 'cutesy' vibe turns me off the new version, though there may be a way to customize it.

I've looked at vb4 and I really don't like the direction they're moving in. They're essentially trying to turn a bulletin board into a full blown social networking platform/cms. It seems pretty bloated to me. But the thing that really sealed the deal was the price. They want like 200 bucks to upgrade.

What's with the tags? Are they new or am I just noticing them now?

I guess we had them for a while, but I never noticed them. I just recently started tagging threads.

There should be an "edit tags" button next to the tags in a thread. If you don't see it, it probably means that I may have to adjust the settings.

What's with the "Multi-page thread" and "Go to last post" text cluttering up the place?

Am I the only one seeing that?

What's with the "Multi-page thread" and "Go to last post" text cluttering up the place?

Am I the only one seeing that?

When the forums are loading slowly (it may be just you, and sometimes it could be the server the forums are hosted on), images may take a while to come up, if at all, and will be replaced with text. Everywhere one of those buttons would be, you'll see a text for them instead. It generally clears up pretty quick. If it's persistent and won't go away, try clearing out your browser cookies or cache or something.

Back