vertical underground parking

MonopolyBag

Reaction score
First I post about vertical farming, now parking...
http://www.perfectparkusa.com/index.html

I like this concept. price is probably a lot, but it would be interesting to see it compared price wise to regular underground parking garage as standard underground garages are extremely expensive themselves.

The concept though makes sense, dense underground parking limiting the space it takes on the ground. This also solves the whole maintenance cost of security for underground garages and I guess ventilation is not as necessary as well (just guessing.)

This is great as a concept, but I can't imagine anyone paying for it unless it is the only option.

How much does it cost to construct

Each development will have its own problems and must be looked at individually from a cost standpoint. The very fact that you are considering this solution probably means that you have a problem development. We can provide parking in a footprint that cannot be done with traditional underground techniques. To provide traditional parking you are going to require more space. If you have, say, 4 times the space required by our system your traditional underground will be comparable. The cost benefits get significantly higher for traditional as the footprint decreases until it becomes impossible. As a guide, we will be about 50% cheaper at around 12,000 sq ft footprint and comparable at around 20,000 sq ft

Yeah, but again regular style underground parking is expensive and that little blurb is so vague.

Apparently there are many of these already in use.

Actually there are only a few of these in use across the country from what I understand (but I could be wrong). I'm sure the site says, but I think the first was in S.F.

The FBCI just mentioned this the other day...I think it would make financial sense because it reduces the space necessary for parking, opens up more for usable space, increases profits, and can decrease rents accordingly.

Back