Hanover St "Tower" | 244 Hanover St | North End

Kinda weird just having a garage door in front. Oh well, they need the parking.

What’s the over/under on a resident pulling into/out of the garage and taking out that hydrant?

Last edited:
I was curious and decided to go to the website for this place, and it's appalling. Like, offensively ignorant. Never mind the stock images and aspirational imagine your life entertaining with stainless steel appliances jargon, look at what the website says below about the area (and keep in mind this property is in the HEART of Boston's North End neighborhood).

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 8.49.05 PM.png

Schools:
Who is the narrow audience you're trying to market these apartments to that you put "MIT, BU, and NU" on the same short list as "Kingsley Montessori School", and then randomly throw MIT/Harvard's "Broad Institute" (which is technically a research center more than a 'school')? Why would you say MIT and not Harvard, but then also deliberately add Broad? Why wouldn't you put geographically closer colleges/universities like Suffolk and Emerson where administration might be more inclined to lease there? Why not list the actual elementary/middle and high schools for the neighborhood?

Entertainment:
244 Hanover Street is within a mile walk of the Arclight Cinemas at Hub on Causeway, the ShowPlace ICON Seaport Square, and the AMC Boston Common. Why the heck is Regal Cinemas listed here as entertainment?! The nearest one is in Fenway, and its days are probably numbered. Why isn't the TD Garden first on this list for professional sports and concerts? City Winery or other Downtown music venues? The frickin' Harborwalk, Improv Asylum, RFK Greenway, Harbor Island Tours, NE Aquarium, Freedom Trail , historic North End landmarks, or literally any other Waterfront/North End/Downtown entertainment feature? But Back Bay Fens is fair game?

Groceries and Restaurants:
Bar Boulud permanently closed its doors two months ago. L'Espalier permanently closed nearly 2 years ago... and both were in Back Bay, along with Eataly, and probably the Trader Joes & Star Markets this is referring to. Why wouldn't you list any world-renowned North End Italian Restaurants at the doorstep? Or the Boston Public Market? Or the Haymarket? Or even Quincy Market?

I migrated from real estate brokerage and property management to urban planning several years ago but still browse RE content from time to time, and I have to proclaim this is one of the most poorly marketed boutique rental properties in a highly-sought-after location that I've ever seen. And if the onus on marketing this at these price points is Woburn-based Panther Residential Management, then it's my professional opinion the developer finds a new property manager and/or marketing team. Immediately. It's one thing to use questionable descriptors like these to market something like PRM's Boylston Crossing several years ago... rinsing and repeating a website from a Back Bay acquisition for a new construction North End apartment building is inappropriate, misleading, and lazy.

The biggest problem with the design, is that floor-to-ceiling windows are NOT an asset on the lower floors. Look how deep into the apartment we can see - no privacy!

Back