View Boston (Observatory) | Prudential Tower | Back Bay

I'm willing to bet that they all treat you as if you were at the airport with security. :mad:

Last edited:
I can't wait to see how the one for the Pru will look!!!! Maybe afterwards,the JHT might get jealous & reopen its own obs deck as a new & exciting one!!! :)

Last edited:
2020-10-21-presentation-prudential-center-observatory-and-pavilion-page-18-1603456716 2.jpg
2020-10-21-presentation-prudential-center-observatory-and-pavilion-page-33-1603456715.jpg
remodeled_pru_observation_deck.jpg

Here's a few pics of what the new obs deck may look like at the Pru Tower from the ground up!!
I think that they'll rename it The Pavilian.
top-of-the-hub_1024xx1296-730-0-123.jpg

Last edited:
The Top of the Hub (pictured above) was kind of almost like Windows on the World at the original World Trade Center in New York. The smooth subtle background jazz music & fine atmosphere made it a great place to gather & eat or have drinks while enjoying the fantastic sky view of Boston!!! I used to work there in the early '70s. The kitchen was on the west side, overlooking the Mass Pike, Kenmore Square, & Fenway Park. :)

Last edited:
I thought JHT turned its observation deck into a private executive event space. However, it seems like Boston Properties would just lease the space out.

Don't worry. When the Pru is done, the JHT might probably get jealous enough, redo their obs deck & reopen it as such!!!! I can almost bet you that this might happen!!!! :)

Last edited:
Like on top of the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas, NV? But if they do that, some of the window panes might pop out again!! Don't forget that the dampers were put there to keep the tower from swaying too much!! :)

Last edited:
Pru Tower in the background..jpg

Look closely at the Pru Tower behind the Green Line trolley near the top at the right-hand corner. Looks like the glass wall is being installed there for the remodeled obs deck!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 9483
Look closely at the Pru Tower behind the Green Line trolley near the top at the right-hand corner. Looks like the glass wall is being installed there for the remodeled obs deck!!!

Is this your picture? If you don't mind sharing it, is there any way you can post a full-res? It's awesome.

Yeah, I'd love to know the provenance of the pic. If isn't yours please share the link/attribute it to the photographer.

Is the pavilion going to have some sort of passageway to the Pru lower lobby? Where's the elevator you get in at?

Has there been any Pavilion updates lately? I'd assume that will come after the main deck is finished.

I wish that they made at least a kind of scaled down version of the TOTH to still give it that feel of WOTW-look!!! I don't think there's another skyroom restaurant in Boston at all!! :(

A new restaurant at Floor 50 would be pretty cool... but I think that floor is either being turned into office space or more observatory space.

the initial presentation already stated that there would be food and beverage service up there.

Back