MassMutual | 10 Fan Pier Blvd | Fan Pier Parcel E | Seaport

20210116_164735.jpg
20210116_164841.jpg

WoW -- that was a fast project from pilings and slurry walls to curtain wall glass

I believe this is my new favorite building in the Seaport. Anybody else agree? Would love to see something like this stretched out to 850' near North Station.
I love this building. It's a great foil to the ones on either side, with enough difference in the facade treatment as to distract from the uniform height. And it's not another glass box, thank you. (I wonder if the window-washers have a powerful lobby to create job security in the seaport district....)

I'm just picturing that view in a few months when all the construction trailers/stuff is gone and it is a 75 degree evening and thousands of people are thronging the Harborwalk with live music playing..........
And eating next door & outside on the patio at Davio’s. I highly recommend.

It's too bad the lower floors of this building aren't really articulated to have any inviting/outward appeal to the neighborhood. The balconies next-door accomplish this in a way. Seems like there could've been a great opportunity to take one of those curving setbacks and invert it as an eroded large scale entry corner. Or at least a lower level terrace instead of limiting them to the upper floors. Any kind of shading element, etc. instead of just a straight taught extruded base.

The fenestration is growing on me and it's sort of attractive to imagine it as 2-3x the height.
Do we know if they fountain is still happening?

Fan pier definitely started out rough with 1 marine park drive but the ugly sides have been enclosed by now and overall the neighborhood came out pretty good. The quality has gotten demonstrably better with each new building and this is a great way to cap it off.

Fan pier definitely started out rough with 1 marine park drive but the ugly sides have been enclosed by now and overall the neighborhood came out pretty good. The quality has gotten demonstrably better with each new building and this is a great way to cap it off.

The tragedy of Fan Pier, though, is the streets. Dark, dead, unwelcoming alleys--the whole lot of them. The parcels on the other side of Northern Ave got this right; Fan Pier didn't even try.

Thats true but the waterfront I feel makes up for it, it came out really good and its really popular too. One of the better waterfront destinations downtown.

Back