Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

6.15.21 - The city slash WS Development? has removed much of the brickwork along seaport boulevard, primarily in front of Seaport Square and replaced with ❤️

3C76A9C7-6097-4F52-A6ED-30F247AEBA57.jpeg
FC426046-1C28-414C-852E-FB1316A46A5F.jpeg
B024F025-410E-4F0A-B1C7-81B13854D0F7.jpeg
EC0C9307-0912-450D-9DFF-21DA5743F992.jpeg
C0CCD72E-0D37-494A-851D-E22B707D6FBF.jpeg

Last edited:
N
6.15.21 - The city slash WS Development? has removed much of the brickwork along seaport boulevard, primarily in front of Seaport Square and replaced with ❤

View attachment 13905

This area is known to flood in the winter - when the salt water hits, will it ruin the soil for all these? (Not trying to be snarky - this is a tough area for plants...)

N

This area is known to flood in the winter - when the salt water hits, will it ruin the soil for all these? (Not trying to be snarky - this is a tough area for plants...)

I don't recall this part of the street being susceptible to flooding. Certainly some nearby areas like where the Barking Crab is and the immediate vicinity, but not where the plants are being placed on Seaport Blvd. Someone can correct me if I am wrong and Vagabond is right though.

Edit: A side benefit of this is that it should help reduce some of the doggy pee and poop stains on the street.

Last edited:
Of course we can. But — following their example — let's do it with flowers, not weeds.
In Boston they appear to be perennials with an irrigation system, that will likely flower. Plus: no need to replant yearly. Minus: Boston is notorious for not keepin up plantings along streets (unlike the former MDC that has been consistent in caring for flowers along the Fellsway avenues). In Chicago, I believe retail stores take over the planting and upkeep of plots close to their outlets. Plus: signs label who's responsible so there is a positive shame factor if managers let them go. Minus: I can't think of one.

I havent heard it called the MDC in 10 years... that's the DCR now correct? If the upkeep is anything like the golf courses the beds are surely in shambles

For lack of a better place to put this I noticed that they are fencing off the western side of Massports Parcel H. My guess is that they will be using it as a staging area for the renovation of 601 Congress Street. It looks like they are laying a bed for a crawler crane.

IMG_0915 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_0914 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Last edited:
Taking up a nice wide sidewalk section of Seaport Blvd to put in another Silver Line head house to “provide greater access.” This is ridiculous as there are already two head houses across from each other within throwing distance of this soon-to-be one. What’s the point??

From Twitter @SeaportTMA:

C307D721-929E-4607-AA7C-039E7F8A9D76.jpeg

Taking up a nice wide sidewalk section of Seaport Blvd to put in another Silver Line head house to “provide greater access.” This is ridiculous as there are already two head houses across from each other within throwing distance of this soon-to-be one. What’s the point??

From Twitter @SeaportTMA:

View attachment 15514
Let me rephrase that for you, taking up a totally unused wide barren section of sidewalk that has always contained an emergency staircase for Courthouse Station and converting it into a full entrance as funded by the developer of the empty parcel behind it who would prefer a full entrance out front not an ugly emergency staircase. It also let's people enter without crossing the road and gives a second elevator entrance for redundancy when the other one inevitably needs to be replaced.

As someone who uses this stop frequently,
8B00C6A4-22A9-42D2-A7D5-58325083E906.png
I’m not sure of the exact point of it but I do appreciate it. This stations below street/above platform interior is stunning. This is an old photo. It’s very torn up right now and I hope it returns to this form.

I hope they can address the pretty serious leaking issues that exist in this station, its pathetic that something not that old would leak like it does and go unfixed. Yes, I'm aware many other stations do as well (Andrew I'm looking at you)

I hope they can address the pretty serious leaking issues that exist in this station, its pathetic that something not that old would leak like it does and go unfixed. Yes, I'm aware many other stations do as well (Andrew I'm looking at you)
Bond Brothers Construction has a good sized contract (think it was like $28M) to do leak repair in the Silverline. You just don't see the work from the street level because it mostly happens at night in the tunnels/stations.

This is mostly people watching in the Seaport (or 'how people interact with the Seaport's built environment' if we're being extremely generous), but I wasn't sure where else to post. Most of these are from Friday, Aug. 6.

1111.jpg
1112.jpg
1113.jpg
1114.jpg
1115.jpg
1116.jpg
1117.jpg
1118.jpg
1119.3.jpg
1119.5.jpg
1120.jpg
1121.jpg
1122.jpg

I don't often bring my giant yacht/helicopter into the city, but when I do I like to dock on Fan Pier.
1123.jpg
1124.jpg

Back