State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

What do we think the final height (inclusive of the wings) will be - around the crane cab in the last photo?

What do we think the final height (inclusive of the wings) will be - around the crane cab in the last photo?

I don't think it'll be that high. Maybe half way to the cab of the crane (the crane closest to the camera) would be my guess. And it's a fairly uneducated one based on standing on the corner of Merrimack and New Chardon eyeballing the rendering on the fence and looking up at the working being done on the roof now. You can follow the trajectory of the highest "swoop"/curtain and kind of get a feel for where it might end up (assuming it is still planned as rendered). Based on that, I'd wager about 1/2 way between the roof in that image and the bottom of the cab.

I think the taller fin will end up close to the crane cab. From what I can tell the current steel is probably for that inner cylinder right at the top, and the higher fin seems to extend about 4 floors above that point.

1627061844822.png

You can really see here how big that fin is compared to the rest of the normal floors.
1627062031384.png

Last edited:
I think the taller fin will end up close to the crane cab. From what I can tell the current steel is probably for that inner cylinder right at the top, and the higher fin seems to extend about 4 floors above that point.

View attachment 15122

You can really see here how bit that fin is compared to the rest of the normal floors.
View attachment 15123

I hope you're right and I'm wrong!

I hope you're right and I'm wrong!

We should know within a couple of weeks! Fingers crossed, as this really determines the impact on a skyline that already has a glut of 500-600' buildings.

Never seen a crane lowering "full" porta-potties before. The girl I was standing next to said, "This would be a very unfortunate time for a strong gust of wind." That or for a cable to snap or similar, for sure.
IMG_3362.jpeg
IMG_3371.jpg
IMG_3370.jpg

Back