420 Rutherford Avenue | Charlestown

Equilibria

Reaction score
100KSF of lab/office adjacent to Hood Park.

PNF: https://bpda.app.box.com/s/9tls1uh2xuiwob6a4oab4d1k4cxgnc38

Now, every neighborhood can be Alewife!

1636398325885.png

1636398367624.png

Its short yea but I dont really see that as having Alewife vibes. For what it is I think it looks fine imo.

100KSF of lab/office adjacent to Hood Park.

PNF: https://bpda.app.box.com/s/9tls1uh2xuiwob6a4oab4d1k4cxgnc38

Now, every neighborhood can be Alewife!

View attachment 18615
View attachment 18616
It’s funny how even though development today is informed by far more enlightened ideas, areas that saw either urban renewal clearance projects, or highway widening projects, always seem to get contemporary development with massive parcel sizes and anti-urban designs that get approved.

Did anyone else here have hopes that one day Rutherford Ave would be something more than a surface artery? This 1950s rt128 stuff is shortsighted.
I agree. There is a plan to put Rutherford Ave on a diet, which you'd think would encourage more mixed use, walkable development. But if all the parcels are developed as office parks that plan will have been for naught.

Did anyone else here have hopes that one day Rutherford Ave would be something more than a surface artery? This 1950s rt128 stuff is shortsighted.
If they turned the median into a green space like the rose kennedy parkway Rutherford Ave would be really nice. It has the best view of the west end/govt center skyline.

Didn’t know Charlestown had such a plethora of space to waste on such a vast land scraper. Charlestown should have more urban looking development than this.
Really looks like the kind of thing being demolished in Brighton/Allston to make room for the newer developments.

Didn’t know Charlestown had such a plethora of space to waste on such a vast land scraper. Charlestown should have more urban looking development than this.
Really looks like the kind of thing being demolished in Brighton/Allston to make room for the newer developments.
Eh, its Charlestown in name only; not really part of the neighborhood. It's fine for that rundown sullivan square area.

Eh, its Charlestown in name only; not really part of the neighborhood. It's fine for that rundown sullivan square area.

"......It's fine for that rundown sullivan square area."

Sure it's fine .....if you expect to KEEP it rundown.

Thank God, enough of Southie didn't think that way 20 years ago.

Last edited:
"......It's fine for that rundown sullivan square area."

Sure it's fine .....if you expect to KEEP it rundown.

Thank God, enough of Southie didn't think that way 20 years ago.
I don't see how a new building contributes to an area being run down. This area is completely cut off from charlestown, comprised mostly of old commercial and industrial buildings, and has nothing in common with southie.

but ya let's build the sydney opera house, should compliment the hood building, schrafft, and uhaul storage perfectly.

I don't see how a new building contributes to an area being run down. This area is completely cut off from charlestown, comprised mostly of old commercial and industrial buildings, and has nothing in common with southie.

You seem to have a foggy recollection of what the Southie Seaport was like 20 years ago :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Back