7INK (née Ollie) | 217 Albany St | South End

Just a pure assumption, but if there were affordable units here, then I would guess it'd be those.
Jokes aside the BPDA does usually mandate affordable units (and accessible units) to be spread throughout the building equitably, although I know of no enforcement action that actually follows through on that mandate but I've heard them say it at meetings with developers

“Home without a view? Windows of new Boston high-rise blocked by billboard”
ink-block-billboard-1633540378.jpg

I don't think I realized that was that 7Ink will be a co-living building. Another one (Common Allbright) just broke ground in Allston.

It is really hard to believe that the developer could not (or would not) buy out the billboard lease to get rid of it.. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

I am very fond of this project. I think that this development makes a great addition to the area. Its slimmer, so it looks proportional. ts clean cut and has a good street wall that is very engaging with the public. The rooftop is a win. The interior looks cool.. and not overly sterile.

I am very fond of this project. I think that this development makes a great addition to the area. Its slimmer, so it looks proportional. ts clean cut and has a good street wall that is very engaging with the public. The rooftop is a win. The interior looks cool.. and not overly sterile.

^ Found the developer! 😇

Not this project but there is a co-living building for sale in Jersey City; i've never been to a prison but i imagine this has to be pretty close to what you'd get if you were in lock up

You're are correct, Sir! I can't believe this is called "habitation". I suppose the residents are supposed to spend time in multi-use common spaces. One problem: 45% of the population is primarily introvert and find common spaces anathema. Back to the cell, I guess.

It will probably end up leased to some crypto-bro as a pied à terre. They will be too obsessed with the value of their positions to care about the view.

Not this project but there is a co-living building for sale in Jersey City; i've never been to a prison but i imagine this has to be pretty close to what you'd get if you were in lock up

Wow, I figured you had ventured off into hyperbole land but first thing I see in that matterport is a toilet separated from the main living space by a curtain.... a crapper curtain. Down with human dignity!

Back