Sunrise of Chestnut Hill | 11 Florence Street | Newton

Equilibria

Reaction score
Right on the edge of big enough for a thread... this is adjacent to the former Atrium Mall.

1637182376220.png

1637182398664.png

Some notes:

1.) the conversion of the always-superfluous Atrium into high-end doctors' offices was pretty smart [in terms of all of the wealthy surrounding Boomers eclipsing 70], no?

2.) as bizarre as it sounds to say this, given that this zip code has been one of the nation's most affluent for probably a century, things have really "gentrified" here in terms of a.) the Wegmans replacing that really ratty Omni Food supermarket, and b.) the rebranding of that collection of shops fronting on the north side of Route 9, adjacent to Chestnut Hill Cinema, as "The Street."

3.) all of these driveways here along Route 9 seem ridiculously compressed [and hence, dangerous] in light of one's natural tendency to want to drive 50 mph+ everywhere west of the Cypress St. intersection. I don't really think it matters west of the Route 128 intersection, but between Route 128 and Cypress St., where things densify in a hurry, yikes [to me at least].

For example, the driveway into the former Atrium... not sure what can be done? It was a roadway engineered for cars with 1920s-era performance standards, and here were are in 2021....

Sidney Hill Country Club???????

Valle's Steakhouse.

Tony's Italian Villa (where I used to work).

God, I miss that area.

Last edited:

Back