BU Data Sciences Center | 665 Commonwealth Avenue | BU Central

Can you see it?
D4378546-1A32-4594-B552-008CC81E4B4A.jpeg
0331AD57-C575-40B2-B950-F4D06900E100.jpeg
6DF16151-88E6-47BC-8869-FAE91037753F.jpeg

Just a few months ago it was a rectangular box and now the cantilevers are in place. It feels like they Jenga-pushed them out, but I'm guessing what actually happened was they removed some parts of the former "box" structure to expose the cantilevers?

Just a few months ago it was a rectangular box and now the cantilevers are in place. It feels like they Jenga-pushed them out, but I'm guessing what actually happened was they removed some parts of the former "box" structure to expose the cantilevers?
Yes:
Yes, thank you bdurden. If you look closely you will see the temporary shoring steel as opposed to the permanent steel. The permanent verticals (columns and diagonals) have intumescent paint. The temporary shoring columns are untreated. So the cantilevering is being established inside the box that you see. That's until the structure is completed and at that point the temporary steel will be removed revealing the cantilevers.

Great shots Brad Plaid. I especially like the first two photos along with the fourth photo!

I know words like "iconic" are thrown around way too much, but this building seems like it really will become an icon. It is in isolation so can be seen from far away and is strange and novel but can be drawn simply if trying to describe what it looks like. We are going to be talking about this building for a long time.

Back