The Parker Boston (nee LaGrange Tower) | 47-55 LaGrange St. | Downtown

Remember that lot [of the proverbially postage stamp-sized dimensions] is slated to be filled-in soon by this project, which, as a non-profit venture, in theory is far more insulated from the market forces that buffet the execution of for-profit developments?

https://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects/41-lagrange-street

Holy LaGrange density, Batman.

Any word on when 41 Lagrange will break ground? This is NYC-level density. I hope anyone living there doesn't like sunlight!

Any word on when 41 Lagrange will break ground? This is NYC-level density. I hope anyone living there doesn't like sunlight!

I think they're merely waiting for the demobilization of all the heavy equipment from the 47 LaGrange project? From the photo above, there's not too much to remove it looks like--but obviously 41 LaGrange needs a totally clean development site to commence...

Love this little guy
20220411_155158.jpg

Nice project. Many years ago, I remember that Chaps had a Street Party here the day of Gay Pride. (After Chaps moved from Huntington Avenue to Warrenton Street.) It had a fairly tall Ferris Wheel as part of the block party, and the views from the Ferris Wheel were nice. Does anyone else remember that?

Something seems off on this building yet I can't figure out if it's a legit feeling or that maybe I'm just looking to start gossip.

This was originally going to be apartments but became condos. When proposed, there was concern by Ray Flynn's son that it was going to be "executive suites", which wouldn't have been a bad thing, necessarily. Maybe he meant Airbnbs, which also wouldn't have been bad, necessarily, but perhaps not preferred.

The project was pulled together by a couple of guys who had never done a project of this size in Boston. They sold it off to a NYC developer (a rabbi) who built it and has sold maybe half the units, almost all under $1 million, except a two-unit penthouse that sold for $5 million+.

The buyers seem to be from all over the place .. who have all filed declarations of homestead. You don't see that very often with other new buildings; they are often multi-homeowners with home addresses elsewhere.

The units were offered furnished.

There are 22 affordable units out of 167 total. Several sold for under $200,000 .. so, 30% of local AMI or something like that? Why so cheap?

I walked by the other night on my way to the Tam. It's dark on all four sides, but not unusual for buildings down there. Also, it was night-time.

The Tam was quiet at 4:30 pm but got very busy with young 20-somethings. Oddly, there was only one bartender working and he was overwhelmed. Some people walked out. Was it a special occasion or is it always like this? Missed opportunity.

PXL_20231211_212955043.jpg

Back