Rose Kennedy Greenway

Another shot of the North Meadows construction site:

Greenway Park.jpg

Something about those trellises have always appeared temporary and half finished.

Maybe it's because there's no vines growing on them like you'd expect?

I read somewhere that's because the metal gets too hot for vines to grow on them. The write-up made it sound like they were intentionally designed that way, but I think it was another case of the designers being so obsessed with looks that they didn't bother to think about the practical aspects of their design, like those ridiculous green metal benches that got too hot to sit on.

Maybe it's because there's no vines growing on them like you'd expect?

I read somewhere that's because the metal gets too hot for vines to grow on them. The write-up made it sound like they were intentionally designed that way, but I think it was another case of the designers being so obsessed with looks that they didn't bother to think about the practical aspects of their design, like those ridiculous green metal benches that got too hot to sit on.
I saw the vine problem from day 1. I don't know why someone just doesn't fill in the voids above with opposing slats of metal or wood...just to give some shade. It will never be as effective as the Post Office Square treatment, but at least it won't look unfinished.

Back