Lyra (née The Huntington) | 252/258/264 Huntington Avenue | Fenway

8/14/22

8_14_22.jpg

The city considers that Roxbury Crossing?
Technically, as it is west of Mass Ave, it is in Roxbury. Other than that, the designation is absurd. The idea of "Roxbury Crossing" to me is where the Orange line station is. That is how you "cross Roxbury" between Mission Hill and Dudley Square. I will say though that this area, mostly because its heavy concentration of institutional uses, does not really fit nicely into any idea of an identifiable neighborhood.

Technically, as it is west of Mass Ave, it is in Roxbury. Other than that, the designation is absurd. The idea of "Roxbury Crossing" to me is where the Orange line station is. That is how you "cross Roxbury" between Mission Hill and Dudley Square. I will say though that this area, mostly because its heavy concentration of institutional uses, does not really fit nicely into any idea of an identifiable neighborhood.
North of the Orange Line is still Fenway although I agree it's a real mix of neighborhoods. https://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/64c37bd1-21ac-4ec1-9e3b-5fdbcc135823/

New night time render that I havent seen before, also a high res version of the daytime render from the previous page. It had always been shown with alternating windows before and has actually gotten rid of them surprisingly, idk if thats a first but its a win for those that are sick of them. It does kinda have a trademark slanty roof, though pretty shallow but still keeping with tradition.

Pretty solid design though imo and the notched roof actually looks pretty good here unlike the hub on causeway residential tower for example where the notch looks like shit and like its made out of match sticks. This one doesnt look slapped on and has more permanence and weight to it. Overall solid tower that feels like a sibling to 40 trinity.

6cf4b474-f033-4fce-a145-3f7852611d63

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...ental-Community-in-Boston-Massachusetts.html#

Last edited:

Back