Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

Hell if they could pull off Columbus Center I'd be okay with naming rights. "Samuels City"

I for one welcome our new Samuels overload.

Seriously though, I stand by saying this elevated the area and set the bar for the remaining air rights parcels across the street. Please don't let Peebles screw a new square up with their garbage.

I for one welcome our new Samuels overload.

Seriously though, I stand by saying this elevated the area and set the bar for the remaining air rights parcels across the street. Please don't let Peebles screw a new square up with their garbage.
Overload? Or Overlord?

either answer is apt

From the Boylston St overpass (over I-90) this past Friday 11/25/22
68594C43-D289-41A5-8801-56176AE4E8EA.jpeg

I hadn't been here in a few months and was there last week... I forgot about the second, smaller building right over the Pike onramp. I was somewhat meh about the architecture of the bigger tower, but the effect of the smaller, still-under-construction building really walls off the presence of the highway incredibly well when you're walking along Mass Ave from Comm. That was such a huge gaping hole in the urban fabric, so even with so-so architecture I'm already pretty pleased about this project.

Tangentially, in that post there’s a shot that makes Whoop’s little brother look halfway acceptable wedged between the two older buildings in Kenmore.

Tangentially, in that post there’s a shot that makes Whoop’s little brother look halfway acceptable wedged between the two older buildings in Kenmore.
It's really doing the bare minimum, but sure, they at least paid some respect to their neighbors..

^^^It's a great complex for the area, but honestly I preferred this view without it. 3 tall, dramatic towers crowded out by a couple of stumps. I know it's the price of progress, but the default proportions for most of what we get across this city are pathetically uninspiring.

It’s like Manhattan. They have impressive buildings but you can’t see them because they’re all blocked from view.

Back