Kendall/MIT Infill and Small Developments

Row 34 is a great addition. Watch out Legal seafoods! CVS now there. The public space roof deck around Google is quite nice too. Also, is that interior space adjacent to the wood decking and white tables going to be retail or restaurant ?

IMG_2432.jpeg
IMG_2436.jpeg
IMG_2437.jpeg
IMG_2438.jpeg

IMG_2444.jpeg

IMG_2452.jpeg

IMG_2443.jpeg

IMG_2460.jpeg
IMG_2461.jpeg
IMG_2463.jpeg

Last edited:
... Is that pre-cast concrete panels acting as the "sheathing?"

This park is so great! Night Shift Owl's Nest in the summer, skating rink in the winter. Live music. Good foliage and lots of seating. Very little traffic noise as there are no busy thru streets that abut it. And a handful of good restaurants in the vicinity, including Plant Pub.

Honestly one of my favorite parks in Cambridge. It's a bit of a hidden gem imo.

This park is so great! Night Shift Owl's Nest in the summer, skating rink in the winter. Live music. Good foliage and lots of seating. Very little traffic noise as there are no busy thru streets that abut it. And a handful of good restaurants in the vicinity, including Plant Pub.

Honestly one of my favorite parks in Cambridge. It's a bit of a hidden gem imo.

They have done a nice job improving the programming of this park/area recently. The Night Shift Owl's Nest beer garden was great last summer (especially on nights with the live music).

I just caught a related update walking by today. They just hung a new sign for "Vitamin Sea Brewing" on the shed:
ks-bg-1.jpg

Those folks must be running a beer garden here this summer. I have to admit to not having heard of them until now, but I just looked them up:

Best of luck to them!

My bad, I had forgotten about that. Should I go ahead and post as well on the dedicated thread?

That's the May 2022 proposal, which was accepted, and Night Shift ran a nice beer garden there in summer '22. It appears that Vitamin Sea Brewing took over this same space for summer '23. Those folks just opened last week, so it seems based on walking by it.

Huh, I wonder what the update was? Thanks for the info!

Huh, I wonder what the update was? Thanks for the info!

As you've quite aptly pointed out in the past, the way Cambridge uses its special permits site is really lousy from a user experience standpoint. What I would guess happened is that they knew an agenda item was forthcoming for this parcel, so they bumped the "Next Meeting" date (in this case, to June 6th) in advance of actually posting the new file to the site. When you visited it was probably just showing the old files for this parcel. However, I just checked back here:

...and there now is indeed a new file posted atop the list:

^So, it looks like a new juice bar is planning to move into one of the retail slots on the other side of Termeer park.

Back