Greystar | 35 Garvey Street | Everett

Do you guys get asked why taking pictures of building?View attachment 42775View attachment 42776View attachment 42777
Once or twice. I always tell them its for Architectural Digest! Only joking. I do tell them its for Bostonarch, a local web site, and try to get them to check it out. It does strike me as odd that the construction guys have no interest in even looking at the site when I bring it up on the phone for them. They say something like " I don't have time for that" and then they stand there smoking a cigarette. In general no one really has an issue with it.

Last edited:
Do you guys get asked why taking pictures of building?

Often. I find the smaller projects are most concerned. I also tell them of the forum. On the larger projects I get mixed incounters. From security asking me to delete the photos (Winthrop Sq.) to being given a quick tour or explanation of the site.
Most times I find the workers very willing to talk to me About the job.

Do you guys get asked why taking pictures of building?

I don't do it nearly as much as our forum regulars, but I've been asked why I'm photographing [insert building/project here] a number of times over the years. As a student, I learned a lot about my rights as a photographer (private, shooting for fun) by taking pictures of buildings, being questioned, and looking up my rights. Many people are skeptical of your motives and many security guards don't understand the laws. It's been a confidence boost as a hobbyist with a camera, and it's actually been helpful at numerous points during my career.

IMG_2996.jpeg
IMG_2994.jpeg
IMG_2995.jpeg
IMG_2996.jpeg

The greatest thing about the 5 over 1’s is the flexibility. They can have parking at ground level, condo entrances, retail, restaurants, lobbies, gyms, game rooms etc.. Then as far as the structure themselves they can be made into damn near any shape and with modern precast panels the facade can be anything from party panels to brick to limestone.

Thing is, these people are going to be dropping $3800+ a month to hear their neighbors at all hours. In Everett. For that kind of coin I'm sure you can do better.

Thing is, these people are going to be dropping $3800+ a month to hear their neighbors at all hours. In Everett. For that kind of coin I'm sure you can do better.

Let the market decide? I think this is the second real large-scale neighborhood to be recreated in the close-in suburban ring after Assembly Row, but without the "luxury" perks. It's close enough to Boston you will get demand from both the city overflow and local interest. These real estate marginal prices likely will sit right on the supply/demand edge, so hopefully a few thousand brand new Everett units can blunt the local rise in rent.
1699891242264.png

Forever, or at least until the owners decide to retire. That place must mint money: it gets so busy on the weekend that it sometimes causes traffic back-ups in the right-hand lane on the Parkway eastbound and on Spring Street.

Let the market decide? I think this is the second real large-scale neighborhood to be recreated in the close-in suburban ring after Assembly Row, but without the "luxury" perks.

The price will be luxury though. I looked at apartments.com and there's at least two newish apartment complexes sorta near Garvey St that I imagine would be several hundred a month cheaper than this... and have plenty of vacancies. There's plenty of cheaper stuff too.

Granted cheaper is relative.

Greystar Celebrates the Topping Off of Maxwell, a 384-unit Multifamily Development in Everett​

1705946602057.jpeg

1705946644978.jpeg

“EVERETT, MA–Greystar recently celebrated the topping off of Maxwell, a 384-unit multifamily development located in the Commercial Triangle District in Everett, MA.

Maxwell is the second phase of the 85 Boston St. development; the first phase, a 330-unit building named Mason, opened in summer 2023.

Maxwell is the third of five buildings to top off as part of Greystar’s $730 million investment in Everett, which also includes 1690 Revere Beach Parkway (741 units in two buildings), Anthem Everett (450 units), and Mason…”

https://bostonrealestatetimes.com/g...-384-unit-multifamily-development-in-everett/

Everett is building a ton of housing in this general area. Can we please get them rapid transit service soon?
This is a great ask - and I think it would be a great follow-up policy for MBTA communities act:
- Step one: all munis update their zoning near existing stations to allow for TOD / multifamily housing
- Step two: munis that exceed certain density thresholds are eligible for infill stations (within certain proximity to services) and new services

Greystar Celebrates the Topping Off of Maxwell, a 384-unit Multifamily Development in Everett​

View attachment 47023
View attachment 47024

“EVERETT, MA–Greystar recently celebrated the topping off of Maxwell, a 384-unit multifamily development located in the Commercial Triangle District in Everett, MA.

Maxwell is the second phase of the 85 Boston St. development; the first phase, a 330-unit building named Mason, opened in summer 2023.

Maxwell is the third of five buildings to top off as part of Greystar’s $730 million investment in Everett, which also includes 1690 Revere Beach Parkway (741 units in two buildings), Anthem Everett (450 units), and Mason…”

https://bostonrealestatetimes.com/g...-384-unit-multifamily-development-in-everett/
The top level of the gigantic garage in the center of the complex would have been perfect as a park/playground/garden for adults and kids living there. As it is, I see no open space or parks nearby.

Back