Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

But how would the high area's of the mechanical screen at MT or 1000 Boylston be closed off?

How do the 2 shorter Millennium Place towers do it? There's your answer. It doesn't even have to be 100% enclosed. Just the illusion that it's, ya know, DONE, would be enough.

On another note, is it safe to say the antenna everyone was dreading has been installed by now and isn't noticeable? Or is there still a chance it comes later?

Pardon,
Is anyone having issues with the site loading up in chrome?
It's not as slow going in IE,
but Chrome is almost a no go.

I want to (and in many respects do) love this tower and its boldness and height, but between the light (non-existant) and spire/antenna (not there), it's a disappointment. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to build this tall and "iconic" (coming to hate that term...) and it wasn't fully realized. sucks.

The glass is a bit too Horizon Blue (Porsche) for my tastes. It lacks a bit of color. But, in some light it looks very exquisite.
Structured/private sale--trough in the cycle--the nimby's kind of slept on this. It got insanely tall. i rate it about a 9.10/10. They kept it fairly quiet saying "699'." Except it was the occupied floor height.
It might have gone taller.
If they had gone for say 840' to the roof, they would have had to admit occupied height above ~780'. Word would have gotten out. A bloodbath would have ensued, and it would have ended up about 650' to the top.
Know: they figured this out, and played it safe.
If in some alternate reality it could have reached 840~860',
i think it would have earned maybe a 9.96/10.
With a visible tree logo, and at least some of the roofline minimally visible at night, it'd been a 10/10.

Last edited:
re; DZH/money shot

Cropping to draw attention away from the l-90 freeway a bit,
but preserving the points of convergence so skillfully captured here....

screen.jpg

Last edited:
One Dalton may be the closest Boston ever gets to a NY-style, "super-tall" pencil tower.

What time of day did you take those? My sister's daughter was baptized at St. Cecilia's around noon, you may have inadvertently captured the moment in an odd way.

What time of day did you take those? My sister's daughter was baptized at St. Cecilia's around noon, you may have inadvertently captured the moment in an odd way.

I was there from approximately 1-3 so just missed that event.

Back