Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I thought this shadow of 1 Dalton on the Pru from BU West yesterday afternoon was interesting
>edit< this is 1 Dalton reflected on the Pru
9403288F-1D15-409A-B473-F80DF2D00278.jpeg

Last edited:
^^^It looks VERY tall from that angle. I guess we'll probably never know whether or not this actually eclipses the Pru. The top comes in slightly below from most viewpoints. HOWEVER, it also sits on lower ground! It's one of life's great mysteries.

What's the bleeping holdup on the final pieces of glass amiright?

anyone want to start a bet on when the plywood will be gone? at this rate 2019 sounds optimistic.

IMG_4223 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
Beeline -- I'll see - yah and raise - yah

Here''s Boston's 1000 ft-class tower [pick the right spot to take the pic] as we know how tall the Pru is with its Antenna Mast [spec 907 ft{276 m} registered by both the FAA and the FCC]
DSCN0166_m.JPG
DSCN0169_m.JPG

so I think on that basis of both the FCC and FAA Regidtrsation of the top of the PRU TV antenna @906 --then the new tower is at [least 895]

The plywood will be gone when the glass company gets paid. They are probably holding the glass hostage.

I walked by yesterday afternoon and they were using a verrrry tall bucket lift and a crane to replace the lowest wood covered windows on the Belvedere Street side. I can’t see them going much higher than they were though.

fantastic shots. thanks for posting. pix like these, as well as walking around 1 dalton the other day, really underscore what the JHT benefits from and this tower does not -- the surrounding architecture. i wouldn't go so far as to call it "unfair," but it's certainly a shame that, while JHT gets to bask in/add to the glory of trinity church, BPL, old south, fairmount copley, etc., 1 dalton is boxed in by the sheraton "towers" and other mediocre-at-best blobs. other than the view of 1 dalton from christian science center, from every other angle the poor thing is overwhelmed by garbage.

20191030_221309.jpg

20191030_221326.jpg

Slow progress but the back side looks about done. Side facing Prudential is still a mess at ground level. And the curb height and curb ramps have an insane gap (I'm talking a curb ramp with a 5 inch step) so I can only presume it still needs replaving around here.

The base actually looks great. Still cant believe we added both MT AND 1 Dalton. 2 great looking and tall towers for Boston, then on top of that 115 fed is u/c, and even sst hopefully soon. 4 of our top 6 tallest will be built this 1 cycle... crazy. Maybe even 7 is 1 congress is 7th tallest... cant remember.

Back