10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

goldenretrievers

Reaction score
10%20Farnsworth%20Exterior.jpg

dc89ce27-23c7-4234-bec2-ea1c39fb12ec

27308742162_d21b738a4c_b.jpg

I just walked by during lunch and noticed that they have put up fencing around the entire parking lot. Looks like we may finally be getting movement here.

Sooner the better. I love this project.

cca

Parking lot had been closed for awhile with fencing and no progress. Walked by today and they've now put jersey barriers in the road for a temporary sidewalk. Pavement of the old lot being dug up. Police detail. We're finally under way!

Parking lot had been closed for awhile with fencing and no progress. Walked by today and they've now put jersey barriers in the road for a temporary sidewalk. Pavement of the old lot being dug up. Police detail. We're finally under way!

CjbSki -- GE opens its temporary World HQ just down Farnsworth street at the end of this week

Wonder if some GE execs have decided to buy near the office and that has triggered the construction to start

CjbSki -- GE opens its temporary World HQ just down Farnsworth street at the end of this week

Wonder if some GE execs have decided to buy near the office and that has triggered the construction to start

Very valid question...You've gotta think some of the C-level folks that aren't buying $8MM brownstones in Back Bay (like the CEO did) may love a spot here.

Very valid question...You've gotta think some of the C-level folks that aren't buying $8MM brownstones in Back Bay (like the CEO did) may love a spot here.

CjbSki -- gotta think that the coming of GE and undoubtedly members of their Keiretsu will further drive the demand for upper but not necessarily Uber housing in the extended South Boston Seaport / Innovation District / Fort Point and on into the vacant or near vacant Papas warehouse lots

My guess is that of the 800 folks ultimately going into the house that Jeff Immelt Built -- at least 500 are in the $100+ k category folks -- some with professional upper earning spouses == meaning family incomes in the $150 to $250k range

I'll bet that a good number might want to be able to walk to work

My guess is that of the 800 folks ultimately going into the house that Jeff Immelt Built -- at least 500 are in the $100+ k category folks -- some with professional upper earning spouses == meaning family incomes in the $150 to $250k range

I'll bet that a good number might want to be able to walk to work

Let's stop shining GE so hard. There many white-collar employers new to the seaport with a similar salary distribution, and more employees. GE is more than a drop in the bucket, but its still just a splash in what's turning into a pretty big bucket.

So $150k-$250k family incomes can afford farnsworth?

I would think it would take double that.

Let's stop shining GE so hard. There many white-collar employers new to the seaport with a similar salary distribution, and more employees. GE is more than a drop in the bucket, but its still just a splash in what's turning into a pretty big bucket.

+1, Goodwin Procter alone has 450+ lawyers being paid $200k+ in the Seaport. whighlander's $100k+ people got nothing on them. With associates hooking up, there's lots of couples there making $400k+ who work long hours and don't want a commute back to the suburbs.

+1, Goodwin Procter alone has 450+ lawyers being paid $200k+ in the Seaport. whighlander's $100k+ people got nothing on them. With associates hooking up, there's lots of couples there making $400k+ who work long hours and don't want a commute back to the suburbs.

Dwash -- I sincerely doubt that the young associates who just arrived from law School are being paid $200k

Let's just stipulate that between GE, Goodwin Procter, Vertex, PWC, etc, etc. that there are more than enough people earning sufficient sallaries to afford to live at 1 Farnsworth St. -- with more to come as the "Greater Fort Point / South Boston Seaport / Innovation District" still has a lot of development to go

Dwash -- I sincerely doubt that the young associates who just arrived from law School are being paid $200k

Let's just stipulate that between GE, Goodwin Procter, Vertex, PWC, etc, etc. that there are more than enough people earning sufficient sallaries to afford to live at 1 Farnsworth St. -- with more to come as the "Greater Fort Point / South Boston Seaport / Innovation District" still has a lot of development to go

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/another-boston-based-firm-matches-cravath/

avg is 180k salary for 1st year associates

Starting salary at the big firms has been $160k for a while now. As TL2C24 posted above, many are moving to $180k including GP. It only takes a couple years out of school to crack $200k.

Lest you get jealous, those people regularly put in 80 hour weeks and have a miserable time trying to take vacation. Big Law destroyed a relationship for me. Personally, I don't think the abuse they take is worth the money.

Starting salary at the big firms has been $160k for a while now. As TL2C24 posted above, many are moving to $180k including GP. It only takes a couple years out of school to crack $200k.

Lest you get jealous, those people regularly put in 80 hour weeks and have a miserable time trying to take vacation. Big Law destroyed a relationship for me. Personally, I don't think the abuse they take is worth the money.

Thanks to you and TL2C24 for actually adding factual information to the conversation.

Go, go , go ... I am excited about this one.

cca

Back