101 Seaport Blvd (PwC) | Parcel L1@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Re: 101 Seaport Blvd (PwC)/parcel L1@Seaport Sq./Seaport

Kendall Sq is looking good. Oh....it's the innovation district...

I like this building, especially the street level views!

If this comes out anywhere near what the renderings are folks on these boards will be pleased. Lets watch it happen.

cca

Her?

It's as Ann as the nose on plain's face.

Is she funny or something?

Also, the PNF here. Don't think it has been posted in this thread as of yet.

This one worries me. The PNF section on the design evolution make it feel like a frankenbuilding. All the renders show it from the Seaport Blvd side, with the podium and the "main view" facade. They hide the large floor plates behind that on the Summer St side.

The front side feels like it's trying to ape Lever House in NYC, and the back evokes the tower at Cambridge and Bowdoin St. I wish they put just a slim tower on the podium, to get some variety of form in the Seaport.

Can wish it all you want, but if PWC needs x amount of square feet to hold everyone, and you can't get extra sq. ft. by going taller...... this is what you get.

Thankfully it's not full on box style like Goodwin Proctor.

I like the glass variations, I don't mind at all the "aping" of the Lever House since I love the Lever House, and 17,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space is a huge plus.

Lever House is cool. Lever House with a bustle... I'm not so sure. I'll give it a chance.

The PNF page in the design evolution makes it very clear that they are trying to nearly maximize the leasable area of the building. It shows that they started with the maximum permitted envelope and carved away the front portion.

I wonder if the development environment in the seaport will ever get to the point where we'll get showpiece commercial buildings. Manulife was a promising start.

Can't vouch for the accuracy of PwC tower seen in this rendering, the object shown may be an improperly scaled AC condenser.

Innovating-Boston-Public-Spaces-The-BCEC-D-Street-Lot-Project-3.jpg

Source: bit.ly/1hR0MFT

Not much to add about PwC from this photo, but that headquarters hotel is going to be awful. The blue tower along D street is interesting, though.

Given the talk about scarcity of hotel rooms around the convention center and area in general, I am surprised they aren't building anything directly above the floorplate. Is it just too hard to support a vertical structure when you need the wide, flexible space of a convention hall? Seems a bit like a lost opportunity to park hundreds of hotel spots right on site.

Back