1330 Boylston Street | Fenway

xec

Reaction score
Time to start a thread for this project.
_0611120020S.jpg

_0611120029S.jpg

I assume that one-story building, with the billboard-holder on top, is about to be demolished?

yes!!! I love picture updates! I think this building will fit in nicely!

Whats the building behind it? Is there a street or ally way between the two buildings?

Yes. There will be an ally behind which will provide the access for the delivery's to these buildings. By chance I was at the BRA meeting where this project got its final approval (over a year ago) and this alley was the oppositions biggest complaint.

The arguments were about noise, diesel fumes, and about the possibility of it being blocked when needed as a Fire Lane.

Coincidentally, alley usage was also the biggest complaint raised at the Apple Store meeting I went to a couple months back.

They were driving the first of many corrugated steel sheet sections (visible lying on the ground in the first pic) into the ground today, and holy cow that was probably the noisiest construction-related activity I've ever heard.

Condos ... and more

1330 Boylston Street, in The Fenway, is currently under construction. When completed, it will be a mixed-use development including approximately 215 residential units, first floor retail, approximately 88,000 square feet of space for medical and/or office uses, and below-grade parking for approximately 293 vehicles.

The Fenway Community Health Center, currently on Haviland Street (near Berklee College of Music) is going to be moving its facilities over to 1330 Boylston Street, when completed.

^ I think initially they were talking about a mix of condo and apt for the residential component, however, given the slower condo market, i'd be surprised if it doesn't start as all rentals.

img5092wl5.jpg

img5094tk3.jpg

img5098ez8.jpg

img5099po8.jpg

img5100hf9.jpg

img5102zw1.jpg

and just down the street, the addition of Burton's grill to Trilogy brings its retail section up to 70% leased, and another 20% has seen strong offers. this bodes well for 1330's retail component

img5103ju2.jpg

As bland as these buildings are, they are works of art compared to what is being built on the SBW. I have fond memories of this area and I can't wait to see it built out. There is so much potential but it seems to be living up to it, at least more so than SBW.

This is the one neighborhood in Boston that I am truly pumped for.

Im really happy on how the Trilogy turned out, both as retail and as a building from afar

Back