Eli Lilly IGM | 15 Necco Street | Fort Point

I like your comparison, it does have that vibe. The Elbphilharmonie ran waaaay over schedule and budget, so let's hope the similarities stop at aesthetics.
Seven years late and built at ten times its proposed cost

Massive improvement. I love seeing the fort point channel finally getting some love and having the harborwalk extended. Its an asset thats vastly underutilized right now having this channel as a blank slate.

Last edited:
Massive improvement. I love seeing the fort point channel finally getting some love and having the harborwalk extended. Its an asset thats vastly underutilized right now having this channel as a blank slate.
Totally agree, hopefully that waterfront cafe comes to fruition, would be a great addition to the channel area.

Wow this new design feels really solid. I love the brick base and how it interacts with the neighborhood.

In a couple years the waterfront side of the seaport is going to be getting close to complete with the current crop of projects underway, Id have to imagine the fort point area will be the next area to begin filling up. Hopefully this project sets off the next wave and we start seeing more proposals over here now.

Has a similar, industrial look as the new Verizon building. A good fit for this location.

1593780732366.png

The architect was watching their toddler stack blocks during the COVID lockdown.

I think 90% of the general population would prefer a building that is roughly the first three levels of this new proposal scaled up, such that it blends in with the 19th century brick buildings. It is no longer the global HQ of a Fortune 50, it no longer needs to be a statement building.

We went from a proposal that looked like a fake facedectomy, to one that is glassy mechanicals stacked on top of Gables Seaport stacked on top of 314 Main St stacked on top of The Factory at 46 Wareham.

This building, with the added vertical brick colored fins/strips in the upper portion adds to the industrial look, plus it honors the base colors, as well as the surrounding neighborhood brick buildings. Throw in the beautiful plaza, along with the Harbor Walk addition, and the neighborhood and city has a winner! Very nice!

I like this version better.

I agree. Looking at that render in Post #68, it is easily the best architecture in that LOS. (Although, the bar is remarkably low there).

THIS render shows a building that is far more coherent in its materials and design and not the original "HomerMobile"/chocolate chip fruit and nut bagel I noted in Post #20.

IMHO: Big improvement!

Last edited:
Cant wait for the harbor walk extension. Its rare to have an untapped downtown waterway like this. So much potential here and especiallyyyy once the usps is gone, but itll still be great to get the rest done so once it is gone it caps it off vs gets it started.

Cant wait for the harbor walk extension. Its rare to have an untapped downtown waterway like this. So much potential here and especiallyyyy once the usps is gone, but itll still be great to get the rest done so once it is gone it caps it off vs gets it started.

Is USPS moving? I thought they said they're sticking around, or did that change?

Thats why I said it will be done first, which will be 20 years, hopefully by then itll finally be time, I cant see them staying forever.

BCDC:

Imperceptible changes. I continue to hate the red lines.

At least one positive with this change: "Singular curtain wall envelope replaced with masonry base in response to mhp and 100 acres design guidelines"

I think this building will do okay once its part of a neighborhood. By itself, I'm still not a fan of the lack of continuity between the base and the top.

Back