The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

arsyhaedrshsadgf.jpg

IMG_4434.jpeg

This shot is for Catherine. There is a piece of molding hanging off the bottom of the window (6 bays from the left) on the 15th floor. Could you please
have this taken care of while the building is still under warranty! :)

Last edited:
View attachment 38382
This shot is for Catherine. There is a piece of molding hanging off the bottom of the window (6 bays from the left) on the 15th floor. Could you please
have this taken care of while the building is still under warranty! :)
Lot's of conversations about "punching" the exterior of the building. Keep these coming!!! The more eyes the better! ~ C

Tall buildings don't really define the size of a city, e.g., BOK Tower in Tulsa at 667 feet (52 stories) and Cityplex Tower in Tulsa at 648 feet (60 stories). Tulsa has only double the metro population of Portland, but in comparing tall buildings, it's a WIDE, WIDE margin. And Tulsa is just under 2 hours drive from Oklahoma City with 1.4 million in pop, and Portland is also under 2 hours drive from Boston with access to a 5 million pop. Portland is vastly underrated as a metropolis.

Most of us on the Portland threads realize this but it would be a wonderful dose of civic pride to be home to the tallest building in Northern New England. Tallest building north of Boston would be a stretch due to cities such as Albany, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo that are further north as you head west.

Last edited:
Most of us on the Portland threads realize this but it would be a wonderful dose of civic pride to be home to the tallest building in Northern New England. Tallest building north of Boston would be a stretch due to cities such as Albany, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo that are further north as you head west.
I did some work this past March for a few weeks in Minneapolis. That city is north of Portland and wow does it have some tall buildings. The IDS Center is a monster. But it is COLD. The entire downtown has enclosed foot bridges connecting nearly all the buildings. It's how you get from building to building. It's kind of weird this way, and after being there now I know why--the midwest wind. One day I thought i would walk just three blocks--big mistake. Try 6 degrees with a fifty mph wind in your face. I was ready to call 911 for help. Chicago is like this a bit too, with the wind, but not as cold and not the enclosed foot bridges. In the winter, Minneapolis is a lonely place. It got hit hard with Covid and then the George Floyd thing happened. Portland is a utopia compared to this city in the colder months. I'm so tired of people saying Portland ME is way up there. Approximately 1/3 of the U.S. land area is north of Portland, if you look at a proper map and study it.

Back