Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: 22 Water Str. (North Point Area), Cambridge, MA

Some recent photos.
Crane is on site and steel is going up.

LnubLBh

Nice! I didn't realize this was already going up. Looks like it could be a solid addition.

LXwWWjs.jpg

Yesterday
wM1Ds8e.jpg

Great shots, Bee.

Do you see the below grade "plaza area" on the building's south end taking shape yet? In your images, it doesn't look like it ... I looked last night from 1 Earhart but there were impediments.

I go by here a lot. This is a good building and a lot of units will be there. Is the empty lot facing the street part of this, or will it eventually be its another building? I haven't been able to tell from the renderings. I hope something goes to the streetwall.

392 apartments, 528,000 sqf,
Those are big average sizes for apartments (compared to what's been going up recently).

Those are big average sizes for apartments (compared to what's been going up recently).

528k is total gross sf. You can't quite divide 528000 by 392 and get an average size because the 528 includes lobbies, retail, parking, amenities, and possibly even outdoor patios.

Assuming 15% of the built structure are common features like data mentioned, that would make average unit sizes about 1,150 square. There's probably a decent share of 2- and 3-bedroom units here that would fall in that size range. The market certainly can use more projects like this.

528k is total gross sf. You can't quite divide 528000 by 392 and get an average size because the 528 includes lobbies, retail, parking, amenities, and possibly even outdoor patios.

I know, but this is a double-stacked rectangle so I assume it's pretty efficient. You're right though, they could be including the garage.

Crappy shot with the setting sun, but it's grown quite a bit since the last posted pic:
13982480527_1ce4b86c80_h.jpg

This morning:

faUWcYd.jpg

Did not even realize how big of a project this is

Back