The Indie | 35-45 Braintree Street | Allston

Equilibria

Reaction score
The next Lego block along the Pike:

1582838560823.png

Last edited:
I find it really dumb that they built the one next door around the billboard.

Saw the proponent introduce this project at the Allston Civic Association a few months ago. I believe it's proposed within the city's compact living guidelines and conforms to the Guest Street planning study's height limits. So hopefully the approval process should speed up.

This project, along with Allston Square, Allston Green, and the Cambridge Street projects are really going to make the area adjacent to the Pike all the way to Boston Landing feel much more alive!

According to the 2010 census, Allston had 30,000 residents. I am wondering if anybody has a guess as to the current population and what we might be looking at in the future. Could Allstons pop double by 2040?

According to the 2010 census, Allston had 30,000 residents. I am wondering if anybody has a guess as to the current population and what we might be looking at in the future. Could Allstons pop double by 2040?
Cortes -- why talk 2040 ---
we don't even have the 2020 numbers yet. Is Alston at 35,000?
The entire world could change in 20 years. Alston with Neo-Harvard / Neo-Kendall developing successfully could zoom --- or not --- depending on a lot of factors -- pure speculation.

I would not want to live here, but one positive of all the new development along this stretch to and through Boston Landing is it creates a noise buffer of sorts from the Pike.

Back