Reaction score
The 45 Province thread.
Here is the wiki link.

Here are some renderings:
45Province040804.jpg

1129292616_8662.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!

I see it is approved by the Wiki. will construction start soon?

for what it's worth there is now a sales office open on school street. almost directly across from old city hall.

How are they going to demolish the parking garage? Are they going to implode it? It seems that the structures behind are too close to safely implode the building. Dismantling will take time.

The last major tear-down that I can remember in downtown Boston was the Gaiety Theatre, and that took months and months.

Ron Newman said:
The last major tear-down that I can remember in downtown Boston was the Gaiety Theatre, and that took months and months.

It's a shame. I always thought parking towers were unique and solved a major parking problem downtown. I know what's going up is more dynamic and useful but I've parked in that building at least a dozen times. It was the cheapest, but you'd get dizzy driving down from the top floors.

bosdevelopment said:
...but you'd get dizzy driving down from the top floors.

I thought that garage worked on an elevator lift system?

statler said:
bosdevelopment said:
...but you'd get dizzy driving down from the top floors.

I thought that garage worked on an elevator lift system?

No, this one definitely had ramps. There's one nearby on Milk Street that has an elevator system.

Unfortunately, I'd imagine the Littlest will have to close for a while at some point just for safety reasons. You wouldn't want to risk bricks falling on it while it's occupied.

Ron Newman said:
Unfortunately, I'd imagine the Littlest will have to close for a while at some point just for safety reasons. You wouldn't want to risk bricks falling on it while it's occupied.
Supposedly it's closing permanently.

It shouldn't have to, given that the drawings of the new building actually show it in place, complete with sign.

Ron Newman said:
It shouldn't have to, given that the drawings of the new building actually show it in place, complete with sign.

And we all know that drawings and renderings are always entirely accurate.

Ron Newman said:
Maybe something has changed. I know somebody who works at The Abbey Group. They're the developers for this building. I asked him about six months back about the fate of The Littlest Bar. He said it was closing. He knows they're not popular for it.

Ron Newman said:

Actually I think those are old redenderings. I seem to remeber seeing renderings that show the Littlest gone. I think somebody posted them on the old thread.

callahan said:
I know somebody who works at The Abbey Group. They're the developers for this building. I asked him about six moths back about the fate of The Littlest Bar. He said it was closing. He knows they're not popular for it.
Could you ask them why? Nobody can see a compelling reason to close it.

statler said:
callahan said:
I know somebody who works at The Abbey Group. They're the developers for this building. I asked him about six moths back about the fate of The Littlest Bar. He said it was closing. He knows they're not popular for it.
Could you ask them why? Nobody can see a compelling reason to close it.
Sure, hopefully I'll see him within the month. He's actually a client of mine at my business. So, I can't be too pushy. But as I said, when we originally talked about it he knew it wasn't a popular idea.

From the pictures on the first page, I just noticed how much the new building resembles the parking garages it is displacing. Surely that can't be coincidence.

I absolutely love this building...it's sad if the Littlest Bar is going to be closing for good, but at least we have a great looking tower replacing a huge parking garage...how tall is this building and how many stories?

I heard that it is 30 stories high but not exactly sure about the height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back