M. Brown

Reaction score
Boston has again won a census challenge raising its population to 620,535. Pretty impressive. But I am curious from reading the article if Boston is trying to include people outside of the Boston city limits in these census challenges. Are they trying to include unincorporated areas of Suffolk county? Are there any unincorporated areas in Suffolk county?

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/press/PressDisplay.asp?pressID=528

What do you mean by 'unincorporated area'? Suffolk County consists of Boston, Chelsea, Revere, and Winthrop.

What do you mean by 'unincorporated area'? Suffolk County consists of Boston, Chelsea, Revere, and Winthrop.

I know. In the article they were talking about Boston trying to get its proper share of the population of Suffolk county and that got me confused. I know in the South there are some areas of counties that are unincorporated and are not apart of any city or town. I was just wondering if there were any areas like that in Suffolk county or if it is completely covered by Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. In other words is there any left over area in Suffolk county?

Even the Quabbin Reservoir land and water were assigned to other towns when the state dissolved the four towns that are now under it.

Back