800 Morrissey Blvd | Dorchester

It's a waterfront community with almost no waterfront. Just ways for people from Scituate to get to work

This will run behind the building

This project might end up being within walking distance to the beach. The Climate Ready Dorchester plan recommends extending Tenean Beach to Victory Road. This would help extend the Harborwalk to the Neponset River and end up being one of the nicest beaches in the city. It's also a dream come true (if it happens) for the residents who had wanted the bike trail behind this building to run on a boardwalk along the water and were disappointed. Also a better beach would draw people more people increasing the likelyhood of future transit upgrades.

This project might end up being within walking distance to the beach. The Climate Ready Dorchester plan recommends extending Tenean Beach to Victory Road. This would help extend the Harborwalk to the Neponset River and end up being one of the nicest beaches in the city. It's also a dream come true (if it happens) for the residents who had wanted the bike trail behind this building to run on a boardwalk along the water and were disappointed. Also a better beach would draw people more people increasing the likelyhood of future transit upgrades.
hmmm idk a beach directly abutting a highway? I'm all for it but I won't be going..

hmmm idk a beach directly abutting a highway? I'm all for it but I won't be going..
I get it, this isn't the picturesque beaches of the capes (Ann & Cod), but as someone who travels through here on bike daily from May - November, this is a great, tucked away corner of the city to plop down and read a book, play a tennis game, toss around a ball, etc.

Also, across the way from the beach, remember the Port Norfolk project is getting underway which will also improve the general aesthetic and environment in this area.

Yes, and in the other direction the trail will connect to The Beat, Dorchester Bay City and the Red Line. Someday the trail will complete the Harborwalk connection to the Neponset River Greenway trails south of the city connecting the Blue Hills to DT Boston and beyond

Back