Poet Hill Residences | 9 Hemans Street | Worcester

The houses are already pretty close to the road. And I am sure that the developer will pay any mitigation costs(sarcasm)

unsurprisingly the develper's traffic impact study recommends no upgrades needed. whether or not that is realtiy is yet to be seen. if it had said otherwise they would certainly be on the hook for some $$$$

FullSizeRender.jpeg

They repaved some of the auxiliary streets:
FullSizeRender.jpeg

A forgotten gas lamp:
FullSizeRender.jpeg

I think this is a part of the city I've never driven or stepped foot in... always around. Weird place for big apartment complex. Views look like they'll be nice up on that hill though.

I think this is a part of the city I've never driven or stepped foot in... always around. Weird place for big apartment complex. Views look like they'll be nice up on that hill though.

It's all about the hill

I saw that posted on reddit. I don't understand why Boston 25 "News" is covering it. I guess the construction company is kind of messing up the streets and making a mess. OK, fine, let's assume that's true and that it's bad. But the city is talking to the contruction company which voluntarily stopped (and the way "suspended" is used, I think misleadingly, frames it as a punishment btw) while they have a chance to review what's going on. It seems like this is getting attention and it's in the "let's try to figure out a way to not be jerks and not cause abrasion" phase? News, man.

Last edited:
Given this development is high atop a hill, the surrounding long time neighbors should have greater concerns for future flooding. More new building and development combined with the ever more frequent high rainfall events are wreaking havoc on already well established neighborhoods all over the region. If I lived downhill from this project, I would have potential water runoff concerns.

Given this development is high atop a hill, the surrounding long time neighbors should have greater concerns for future flooding. More new building and development combined with the ever more frequent high rainfall events are wreaking havoc on already well established neighborhoods all over the region. If I lived downhill from this project, I would have potential water runoff concerns.

A new development done correctly should not generate more off site runoff, that's the regulations at least. And it looks like pretty much all the work they've done so far is drainage work. I expect many catch basins and ponds

Back