Adaptive Reuse Developments

statler

Reaction score
Should stories like the Fenway Park redevelopment or other projects where the existing building is being reused, repurposed, or otherwise remodeled go into "New Development" or "Existing Development"?

Thoughts?

I think any new proposal involving projects or buildings that did not exist before should go under new development. Any project involving an existing building or anything going under renovation should be place under existing development. I think we should open up a photo thread to seperate it from existing development since the pictures aren't a development.

Seems reasonable.
I guess I'm just concerned that there are a lot of people who only read the "New Development" board and would miss out on big projects.

Their loss I guess.

I think any adaptive re-use or redevelopment should be put in the New Development section. I always meant the existing section to be for photo-threads, appreciations or criticisms of existing buildings/areas/neighborhoods and general Boston issues, etc. When I switch the board over Im going to re-organize the sections and rewrite their descriptions in an attempt to avoid as much confusion in the future as possible.

Back