Alexandra Hotel Renovation | 1769 Washington St | Roxbury

Super helpful, thanks. I had been told by a South End resident that the parking issue was a reason to stay to the east side of Mass Ave. I will note that the linked map makes a delineation between South Boston and the South Boston Waterfront, which is not reflected in residential parking passes; it's all considered part of South Boston. The Leather District is also shown as part of Chinatown, but according to the Boston parking page it is its own parking zone as well.

I don't want car brain to prevail, but I suspect streetside signs telling people where they can and cannot park will also do a lot to define where a neighborhood begins or ends.

Inside the abandoned hotel that's been left to rot for over 50 years

1709933584258.png

1709933601268.png

Unless I'm missing a link or prompt or something, there are no pictures of the interior, which the headline certainly suggested was the meat of the content (and I was excited about).
The Irish Star needs a copy editor. the title of the article is greatly misleading.

Using Google search, the last bit of news on this project was on August 3, 2023, and discussed at length up-thread.

Last edited:
The Irish Star needs a copy editor. the title of the article is greatly misleading.

Using Google search, the last bit of news on this project was on August 3, 2023, and discussed at length up-thread.

Based on their other stories it looks like a BS tabloid.

If you were also hoping to see pictures of the INSIDE then you were not the only one.

Pretty good click bait actually since it clearly got all of us! I’d say their editor might in line for a promotion.

Pretty good click bait actually since it clearly got all of us! I’d say their editor might in line for a promotion.
If ensuring that the site gets no repeat visits is grounds for praise, then yes: totally deserving of promotion and massive raise.

Last edited:
Reactions: FK4
The Irish Star is not properly configured for human beings to read on a computer or phone...It's just a riot of advertising and misleading "links".

Back