Alexandria Labs | Raytheon Site | Woburn

whighlander

Reaction score
Alexandria is rapidly expanding its lab footprint

BBJ [behind paywall] reports on the plan for 1 M sq ft on the recently acquired properties on E Street next to the BECC
from a November story in S&P Global
Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc. bought neighboring sites at 420 E Street and 380 E Street on the South Boston/Seaport border for $168.5 million, BLDUP reported.

420 E Street is a 4.29-acre site currently home to an 88,256-square-foot warehouse facility, while 380 E Street is a 1.35-acre site on which a storage facility is situated.
Boston Seaport Self Storage & DHL Express respectively

from the Alexandria 10K filing

Property Submarket/Market Date of Purchase Number of Properties Operating Occupancy %
380 and 420 E Street Seaport Innovation District/ Greater Boston 10/29/20 2 100

Future Development Operating With Future Development Purchase Price ($1,000)
1,000,000 (*6) 195,506 168,500

*[6]
Represents total square footage upon completion of development or redevelopment of a new Class A property. Square footage presented includes RSF of buildings currently in operation at properties with inherent future development or
redevelopment opportunities. We intend to demolish or redevelop the existing property upon expiration of the existing in-place leases and commencement of future construction. Refer to the definition of “Investments in real estate – valuecreation square footage currently in rental properties” in the “Non-GAAP measures and definitions” section under Item 7 in this annual report on Form 10-K for additional information

Bumping a year old-thread rather than starting a new one.

Alexandria is planning a mega-campus in Woburn. Bought land with two buildings, presently leased to Raytheon. Tim Logan speculates a million square feet of labs.

Bumping a year old-thread rather than starting a new one.

Alexandria is planning a mega-campus in Woburn. Bought land with two buildings, presently leased to Raytheon. Tim Logan speculates a million square feet of labs.

Are those the Raytheons that are kind of walkable to the Anderson Woburn transit hub?

Globe Article says Raytheon is staying for the time being although I suppose they could be reducing the square footage they are leasing now. Pretty sure you can't WFH clearance jobs.

To me it seems like a lousy location.

Globe Article says Raytheon is staying for the time being although I suppose they could be reducing the square footage they are leasing now. Pretty sure you can't WFH clearance jobs.

To me it seems like a lousy location.

Actually it's a perfectly good location for in-person jobs if you read the two posts sandwiching yours! Hell, in addition, Massport runs a direct Logan Express right from it.

Back