Amazon Office Tower I | 111 Harbor Way (Seaport Square Parcel L4) | Seaport

Re: Block L4 | Seaport Square

It looks like this one is going 270'. Tallest building in the Seaport to date.

I really like the dark aluminum trim combined with the natural finished wood as well as the streetscape! Lots of public areas, inside and outside of the building.

I really like the dark aluminum trim combined with the natural finished wood as well as the streetscape! Lots of public areas, inside and outside of the building.

You can tell the same people designed both this and the Hub on Causeway. This one does it better, though.

Last edited:

You can tell the same people designed both this and the Hub on Causeway. This one does it better, though.

Nice, thanks for pointing that out, I actually never thought of the Hub on Causeway which I also like (the Podium) but I had immediately thought of 10 Farnsworth (beautiful), the new hotel going up on Quaker Lane (love that building), and the proposed office building in the Landmark Center. I think that dark trim is a class act.

Are we really going to have to live, for eternity, with "Autumn Lane" (barf) and "East Service Road" (ouch)? Who can save us from terrible street names?

Those names can't possibly offend anyone. Playing it safe! How about McCourt Way?!

Are we really going to have to live, for eternity, with "Autumn Lane" (barf) and "East Service Road" (ouch)? Who can save us from terrible street names?

Totally with you on East Service Road. Hard to hate on Autumn Lane when Summer St. and Winter St. are nearby and date back centuries...

Lol I forgot how much of a d-bag Vanderdouchenbaggin was when I started this thread.

"Autumn Lane" is not in reference to Summer/Winter streets... it's just an anodyne throw-away name like Cedar Drive would be in a housing development in Houston (or... wait for it, Marine Park Drive. Or, wait for it... Seaport Boulevard. or.... wait for it, Harbor Way)

Now that Yawkey Way is going away, how would you like that to be renamed "Baseball Park Drive" ... it just stinks of nobody-cared

Marina park drive isnt that bad because its on a marina or seaport blvd because its the blvd of the seaport. Autumn lane sux because its one of those like soccer mom names going to your townhouse in the suburbs. It means nothing, it doesnt place you anywhere in the city, and its named after a season lol.

Marina park drive isnt that bad because its on a marina or seaport blvd because its the blvd of the seaport. Autumn lane sux because its one of those like soccer mom names going to your townhouse in the suburbs. It means nothing, it doesnt place you anywhere in the city, and its named after a season lol.

Because Summer, Congress (maybe on one side, but certainly not down in Fort Point), Clarendon, Essex, Dartmouth, Boylston, Tremont, Marlborough or any of the other street names in Boston really help give any context where you are besides Beacon and Atlantic Ave.

It's a name. Get over it.

Because Summer, Congress (maybe on one side, but certainly not down in Fort Point), Clarendon, Essex, Dartmouth, Boylston, Tremont, Marlborough or any of the other street names in Boston really help give any context where you are besides Beacon and Atlantic Ave.

It's a name. Get over it.

I was defending the other 2 that people were ripping on... Autumn lane is corny but I really don't care about that either. My point tho was that those other 2 aren't bad so were agreeing...

It is funny though that you choose the exact roads that are specifically designed to tell you where you are in the city, to say that they don't tell you where you are in the city.
Those exact streets go in alphabetical order starting at the common... that means if you know that you are on Berkeley street and need to get to Dartmouth st, its only two streets down. That makes it convenient and pretty easy to use to tell your way around just by using the street names. Then after that the next one is Exeter, Fairfield etc... Now that Jersey street replaces Yawkey way and its changed back to how it was its even more complete now. That was a bad choice of roads to pick to try to make that point lol sorry.

Last edited:

With Datadayne's contributions now after the thread was started with the overall plan, this has to be one of the greatest first pages of all the development threads. Later on you'll just be able to go back to the first page to get literally everything you need, which is what we really need to do for as many projects as we can, at least get in the habit of doing...
Nothing stops us from going back in the future and updating it as things change too. People who are willing to do this should just try to get a post in on the first page of all new projects that start and then we don't even have to worry about mods moving things to the first page... which we've asked for many times, but has never happened, so we can just take it in our own hands by either starting threads the right way or getting in a post on the first page of all new projects that can be used as the overall plan and going back and updating it over time so everything people need is on the first page. The second post on each project should be people who are going to do this.

Heres East Service road which goes between Seaport Square and the M parcels. Looks pretty good. Gonna be an ass ton of retail here and really nice. 121 Seaport is in front of it on the left and then up on the right the Part of M parcels on Seaport blvd.

Ltj8Ch9h.png

I was defending the other 2 that people were ripping on... Autumn lane is corny but I really don't care about that either. My point tho was that those other 2 aren't bad so were agreeing...

It is funny though that you choose the exact roads that are specifically designed to tell you where you are in the city, to say that they don't tell you where you are in the city.
Those exact streets go in alphabetical order starting at the common... that means if you know that you are on Berkeley street and need to get to Dartmouth st, its only two streets down. That makes it convenient and pretty easy to use to tell your way around just by using the street names. Then after that the next one is Exeter, Fairfield etc... Now that Jersey street replaces Yawkey way and its changed back to how it was its even more complete now. That was a bad choice of roads to pick to try to make that point lol sorry.

They're only useful that way if you are from here and know that rule so... totally useless to everyone else without insider context. They made my point exactly.

Not to mention everyone has a phone these days. Pull it out and use Google Maps. Done.

Nothing a few pols passing away won't solve.

They're only useful that way if you are from here and know that rule so... totally useless to everyone else without insider context. They made my point exactly.

Not to mention everyone has a phone these days. Pull it out and use Google Maps. Done.

You could make the same argument as to how Streets and Avenues work in NYC - and yet, I don't think anyone would, you just figure it out.

Back