Amazon Office Tower I | 111 Harbor Way (Seaport Square Parcel L4) | Seaport

stick n move

Superstar
Reaction score
seaport-square-rendering-1-png-1510846696.png

Block L4 of the Seaport Square masterplan in the Innovation District.

BCDC Presentation for Parcel L4- Courtesy of Downburst.

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/1e15b2c1-856e-424e-88f8-3fb6f5acc465

not sure why all of the render links I have in here are not working anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Block L4 | Seaport Square

Looking down at the court yard from one of the balcony areas at block L4.

seaport-square-rendering-1-png-1510846696.png

First building on the left:

The building behind 121 Seaport.

SeaportAerial_1800x1200.0.jpg

Massing models but included are the sausage parcel, Waterside place 1B, the parcel to the left of it, Seaport Transportation center, The Omni.

C4JxfPKXUAAmPZg.jpg

Before passing any judgement I just want to say that that's not how rendering arrows should work (in the key plans above). Either make it distinctly an arrow, or preferably, distinctly a view cone such that the point is where the observer would be and the cone would be their field of view. I thought that was Representation 101.

Anyway, looks fine above, and pretty solid at the ground level. I won't be upset until they start building it and everything is a misaligned mess.

Before passing any judgement I just want to say that that's not how rendering arrows should work (in the key plans above). Either make it distinctly an arrow, or preferably, distinctly a view cone such that the point is where the observer would be and the cone would be their field of view. I thought that was Representation 101.

Anyway, looks fine above, and pretty solid at the ground level. I won't be upset until they start building it and everything is a misaligned mess.

Lol I hope its not all misaligned, I don't see why it would be? Anyways yea those are weird because at first they look like its showing the field of view, but then you see its pointing backwards at where the person is located. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I think it would have made more sense if they were turned around and showed the field of view.

Thanks for the useless update stick.

Didn't one of you post a comparison of the paltry amount the state gave to Amazon in tax breaks compared to other deals elsewhere around the country, including the deal offered by New Jersey for Amazon.

Didn't one of you post a comparison of the paltry amount the state gave to Amazon in tax breaks compared to other deals elsewhere around the country, including the deal offered by New Jersey for Amazon.

"one of you"? i can only assume you're baiting him to come out and add another, same-as-always rant.

Yeah, stick, thanks for your "useless update". New thread for a new imminent major construction project, renderings and links right at the top in post #1. Exactly like it should be done.

Thanks for the useless update stick.

I divided up a project from the mega thread thats going to be built soon, like we do with all mega threads, and put all the renders right on page 1 like people always ask for... but uhh no prob.

Why can’t they do a render that is normal without some fisheye lens or odd angle trying to make it look cooler? Just show it normally so you can actually judge!

Yeah, stick, thanks for your "useless update". New thread for a new imminent major construction project, renderings and links right at the top in post #1. Exactly like it should be done.

Agreed. This is exactly like all the other good AB threads so I'm not sure why he's getting flamed...?

Do we know if Parcels L1 - L4 will all share the same underground garage? We've seen this at other locations in the Seaport (both in Fan Pier and Seaport Square) where one underground garage seamlessly spans multiple buildings.

If so, I'd suspect that excavation for L4 will extend beyond L4's footprint.

Agreed. This is exactly like all the other good AB threads so I'm not sure why he's getting flamed...?

I don't post all that often relative to some other people, but I do check the site several times a week, and over the past year or so the tone of the site has become a lot more combative and cunty. Not sure why, but it's definitely noticeable.

I just think its weird that a “mod” of all people would try to come at me with some bs like that, I would expect them to stay neutral and quell things like that when they come up, not start them. I did exactly what happens with every other multi part/phase project with a megathread and once we have a project thats going to start, made a new thread. Then on top of that I did what people have brought up many times and made sure that the first 2 posts had the project plan and all the renders in 1 place vs just making a thread with a link and a quote that basically says “this is starting soon”.

It could have been left it up to other people to scatter renders throughout all the different pages so you have to click through all the pages to find them 1 at a time. Then they get re-posted by accident and other people that haven't been following the thread ask what it looks like and you have to repost them again or tell them to go look through all the pages. At the end of the day this is just a public forum about Boston architecture. Its not thaaaat big of a deal and the quality of the forum lies directly on the users and their effort. If everybody tries to genuinely contribute whether through sharing information or just having good conversation that makes this a good forum. If its just bickering about nonsense and people aren't digging to find things to post then the quality goes down. Lets try to keep the quality of the forum high and not push away even more people than already have. When I take time out of my day to rip all of those renders, host them, and then make a new thread that needs to be made and then a mod says thanks for the useless info it makes me wanna say pffff F this forum Ill look at things on my own and not post here.

I think trying to make threads the right way off the bat benefits everybody and makes a better experience when you don't have to click back 50 pages to find things, so lets calm down on the “useless” attacks that take away from the quality and actual discussion and get back to L4...

Anyways moving on to the project...

Last edited:

I don't post all that often relative to some other people, but I do check the site several times a week, and over the past year or so the tone of the site has become a lot more combative and cunty. Not sure why, but it's definitely noticeable.

The cycle is winding down, we aren't getting new large project announcements right and left. I think it's the transition from exciting news daily to discussing what we already know about. I've just been hanging out elsewhere on the internet to avoid getting caught up in it.

^^ Well said & thanks for the info above

Back