Amazon Office Tower I | 111 Harbor Way (Seaport Square Parcel L4) | Seaport

Re: Block L4 | Seaport Square

Construction starts on Monday.

Construction starts on Monday.

WoW! The site was full of cars at lunchtime today and no sign of site prep, but I'll take a Monday start with great antisipation.

WoW! The site was full of cars at lunchtime today and no sign of site prep, but I'll take a Monday start with great antisipation.

Yes, Seaport TMA just issued this notice:

"Effective Monday, November 19 approximately 400 of the 700 parking spaces at the surface parking lot on Congress Street between Boston Wharf Rd. and East Service Rd. will be taken out of use to allow for construction to begin at Seaport Square Parcel L4."

Is there a bar going into this project? :D

^^

9wfA1wGh.png

Despite the crazy amount of development there are still 10 undeveloped parcels with approved buildings in the north of Summer, west of D St Seaport. But at this point, the lots are starting to get isolated.

I actually thought they are going to take the whole parking lot and build a giant shared underground garage - sort of like they did for B and C...

I actually thought they are going to take the whole parking lot and build a giant shared underground garage - sort of like they did for B and C...

They likely are, but in stages. I'd guess that the L4 garage will reach out to the boundaries of the "Phase 1 Extents," then the later L3 - L6 phases will tie right into it. This what they did for the Fan Pier buildings and for Seaport Square L1 & L2.

Nice pics Fitchburg! Thanks for all the updates.

It makes sense because then the area around the building is open and you just have to build the towers with minimal disruption. It does appear that the entire superblock will be a garage built in separate phases.

Back